Zgemma i55 Good News about Pausing etc IPTV :)

pisshead

If someone else on the forum may have mentioned this already then sorry and fair enough, if they did I didn't see it as there isn't a Zgemma i55 section, but I came across this myself by basically playing about with the box and the "original i55 remote control", yes the rubbish crappy little remote that comes with the box, lol.

If you have been sitting there day and night watching boxsets and VOD movies etc and you couldn't "pause" etc using the normal buttons on the remote control for doing so, then your not alone, believe me, lol, it means you miss parts of movies and things when nature calls lol, either that or you have to watch the whole thing again which is hopeless and drives you crazy :mad:

Ok, Happy Days, so now, I can assure you, YOU CAN PAUSE etc boxsets and VOD movies during viewing on the Zgemma i55 and it's oh so easy to do from the remote control. ;)

Look at the remote control, top right button, it's called "HELP", while watching your VOD movie or boxset episode, press the help button then wait a few seconds and lo and behold up pops a whole bunch of options, you will find pause and many other options, you can also rewind, fastforward and so on, you can record from the options too and other things, but lots of the options are just shortcuts to other options, I don't have my box infront of me right now so I can't be exact on all options but the main (important) ones work as I have tested them, as for the other options I think they are more to do with satellite or cable or something like that as images and skins don't really know what boxes they will be installed on obviously and this is just an internet tv box as we know, when you press the HELP button just scroll down to the option you want and press the OK button when at that option and that's it, it will do as you selected, I.E - Pause or whatever.

So, this is really good news for you if you have a Zgemma i55 and it's been busting your head not being able to pause VOD movies and boxset programme episodes etc, well you can and now you know how too :(y):.

Remember, this may or may not be firmware/image version dependent, might even depend on the skin you use too but I doubt that very much, I installed openATV 6.1 and the release date was either 26th or 28th Dec 2017, plus I have one of the very latest slyk ONYX skin versions too, (so if you have image version 6.0 or lower, that's if there is a lower version than 6.0, I don't know) and it doesn't work for you then you know why.

Word of Advice/warning, try to have a USB stick installed and setup properly before doing any of this as you really don't want anything to be clogging up the tiny amount of internal memory these boxes have built in although I suppose it won't hurt to give it a very quick try for a minute (maybe), I don't know as I had a USB flash drive stick installed already.

Good luck and I hope this helps anyone that has been drove mad by the lack of not being able to pause etc on the zgemma i55, lol. ;)

P.S, THIS DOES NOT WORK ON LIVE TV.

P.P.S, Just been notified today with a couple of guys on the forum that you can fast forward and rewind (but not pause) another way too, please see post numbers 3, 4 and post 8 of this thread for details :)

Last edited:
Well described mate, works on all my receivers that run iptv. Saves missing something in a movie important to the plot then sitting there for rest of film trying to work out wtf is happening. Good find that

Long press right button (beside ok) also works for fwd or rew

Help button works perfectly on my F1 box running Vix. Excellent find @pisshead :(y):

@hedges2016 left/right also do the job :(y):

Will try later when I get a chance, watching something else just now, if it works like you guys are saying with this setup of mines I will add that to the first post of the thread too, cheers, will let you know :)

Last edited:
Help button on the vu + solo 2 doesn't work on my box
Button broken? Or does it not bring up help menu, what image are you running. You can map the help key menu to a button of your choice by using hotkey setup. In open atv it is in menu/setup/usage and gui/hotkey setup press button you want to map then open section called infobar and select show help then press ok and green to save. As for other images I couldn't guess where in menu you would find it

Will try later when I get a chance, watching something else just now, if it works like you guys are saying with this setup of mines I will add that to the first post of the thread too, cheers, will let you know :)

tried this and it does work, long press to the right on the circular joypad and then if you wish to rewind or fast forward press the joypad left or right but to start with you must remember to long press to the right circular joypad button and then you can FF and RW, good stuff, it's just a pity they didn't add the pause function by pressing the OK button and then it saves all the hassle of going through the HELP button just to pause, although I guess you could RW and FF to the point you need or want too.

Good shout @hedges2016 and @dt99 :)

If someone else on the forum may have mentioned this already then sorry and fair enough, if they did I didn't see it as there isn't a Zgemma i55 section, but I came across this myself by basically playing about with the box and the "original i55 remote control", yes the rubbish crappy little remote that comes with the box, lol.

If you have been sitting there day and night watching boxsets and VOD movies etc and you couldn't "pause" etc using the normal buttons on the remote control for doing so, then your not alone, believe me, lol, it means you miss parts of movies and things when nature calls lol, either that or you have to watch the whole thing again which is hopeless and drives you crazy :mad:

Ok, Happy Days, so now, I can assure you, YOU CAN PAUSE etc boxsets and VOD movies during viewing on the Zgemma i55 and it's oh so easy to do from the remote control. ;)

Look at the remote control, top right button, it's called "HELP", while watching your VOD movie or boxset episode, press the help button then wait a few seconds and lo and behold up pops a whole bunch of options, you will find pause and many other options, you can also rewind, fastforward and so on, you can record from the options too and other things, but lots of the options are just shortcuts to other options, I don't have my box infront of me right now so I can't be exact on all options but the main (important) ones work as I have tested them, as for the other options I think they are more to do with satellite or cable or something like that as images and skins don't really know what boxes they will be installed on obviously and this is just an internet tv box as we know, when you press the HELP button just scroll down to the option you want and press the OK button when at that option and that's it, it will do as you selected, I.E - Pause or whatever.

So, this is really good news for you if you have a Zgemma i55 and it's been busting your head not being able to pause VOD movies and boxset programme episodes etc, well you can and now you know how too :(y):.

Remember, this may or may not be firmware/image version dependent, might even depend on the skin you use too but I doubt that very much, I installed openATV 6.1 and the release date was either 26th or 28th Dec 2017, plus I have one of the very latest slyk ONYX skin versions too, (so if you have image version 6.0 or lower, that's if there is a lower version than 6.0, I don't know) and it doesn't work for you then you know why.

Word of Advice/warning, try to have a USB stick installed and setup properly before doing any of this as you really don't want anything to be clogging up the tiny amount of internal memory these boxes have built in although I suppose it won't hurt to give it a very quick try for a minute (maybe), I don't know as I had a USB flash drive stick installed already.

Good luck and I hope this helps anyone that has been drove mad by the lack of not being able to pause etc on the zgemma i55, lol. ;)

P.S, THIS DOES NOT WORK ON LIVE TV.
I posted a few times,Get a remote for the h2s/h2h model and it will work perfect with the i55 boxes,Only around a fiver and 10 times better

I posted a few times,Get a remote for the h2s/h2h model and it will work perfect with the i55 boxes,Only around a fiver and 10 times better

yep, you sure did, not got round to buying the remotes yet though, but you didn't mention that they could do these things though, I am purely talking about the crappy garbage remotes that come with the i55 as standard, if you would have said that it done these things and made life 100 times easier then I would have already ordered two of them, but you only mentioned they worked with the i55, you didn't say they would do anything different, in fact, would they do anything different really if they just duplicate the original functions of the i55 remote anyway I wonder ? (apart from just being a better quality remote)

Thank you for the info , I have now set up a hot key and have pause on the help button

yes, best way to do it mate :)

Just wish someone would work out a simple fix to be able to pause using the real pause button on the remote control or even the ok button, that would be a million times better.

Last edited by a moderator:
They will do all the functions that is available on the h2s which is pause/play/rewind ect,Did this back in 2016 when they first came out

Evening guys,as promised i have set up a little guide for the zgemma i 55 iptv box as i know a lot of people have bought it and cant set it up,what i will explain is a very easy way to get the box enabled for you to watch iptv,

1) what i have found is there is no support for the box off the manufacturer(please dont try and flash it with vix) as it will not work
2) the box runs best on openatv
3) easy way to set it up is to ask your iptv provider for a Dreambox OE 2.0 MPEGTS -Default file
4) once you have the file,transfer it to ( ect, enigma 2 ) and then restart gui on the box and you will have all your providers channels on there
5) the small remote is very poor,if you have a zgemma h2s box the remote will work on the i55 far better
6) the box is enigma 2 so you can connect it and file transfer and change skins and all the other things that go with using this type of software

Over all the box runs iptv quite good but the price is around the same as the magbox range and that is a tried and tested dedicated iptv box,i know which one i would buy and its not the the i55 model,knowing zgemma they will come back with a better version and take on the challenge of the market leaders

Mr dangerous you can get that box of yours out again so its not a door stop and get the adult channels you so desperately crave LOL

I have set my box up with my club skin

Attached Files:

yes, best way to do it mate :)

Just wish someone would work out a simple fix to be able to pause using the real pause button on the remote control or even the ok button, that would be a million times better.
I agree by at a fiver not worth the hassle

@moshibeth, so your saying that the H2S remote control will allow the i55 box to use all functions on that remote buttons like pause, FFW/RW etc without having to do anything else or press any other buttons ?

If so I wish you would have made that clear when saying about it as I would have ordered them straight away, you only said it would work with the i55, same as another few people too, I really do hope you say yes to what I am asking and I will order two H2S remotes right now if thats the case, let me know.

Cheers.

@moshibeth, so your saying that the H2S remote control will allow the i55 box to use all functions on that remote buttons like pause, FFW/RW etc without having to do anything else or press any other buttons ?

If so I wish you would have made that clear when saying about it as I would have ordered them straight away, you only said it would work with the i55, same as another few people too, I really do hope you say yes to what I am asking and I will order two H2S remotes right now if thats the case, let me know.

Cheers.
Have not used it for quite a while but from memory yes.Have an i55 box here so will dig it out and check for you chaps tomorrow

The h2s remote will work on i55 but does not work when trying to use the normal buttons ie ff/rew/pause in vod section of iptv it has no effect whatsoever. As far as I know the only way of pausing vod iptv are using the methods outlined above. My formuler 1 and edision osmega will also not pause vod iptv using the conventional buttons and has to be done through the help menu. In all other respects the h2s remote is far superior to the i55 remote

The h2s remote will work on i55 but does not work when trying to use the normal buttons ie ff/rew/pause in vod section of iptv it has no effect whatsoever. As far as I know the only way of pausing vod iptv are using the methods outlined above. My formuler 1 and edision osmega will also not pause vod iptv using the conventional buttons and has to be done through the help menu. In all other respects the h2s remote is far superior to the i55 remote
Saves me checking thanks

Is there anybody running iptv who can get conventional buttons to work during vod on any receiver or is this the only way of doing it. Would be interesting to hear from anyone who has managed it.I know xc plugin could do this but is not an option for many iptv services.

Last edited:
On my h2s I found that pause/rw/ff did not work with my iptv, unless I added the iptv channels manually into my satellite bouquets and assigned the sat reference for the channel to the iptv stream using echannelizer. I could then use all the pvr functions on the iptv and sat channels in the satellite bouquets. I tried to copy the same references to my iptv channels on my i55 but this dod not work. I can only assume its because there is no dish connected so the references from the sat channels are useless. So at the moment I cannot use live pause or timesheet, or ff/rw on my i55. This is for live channels. Is there a way to get pvr functions working with my iptv? Do I need multiple connections from my provider to achieve this??

Back