Zgemma i55 Good News about Pausing etc IPTV :)

It's all down to the service your supplier supplies to you, some allow pausing etc some don't, just the luck of the draw I guess unless you knew to ask first before joining the persons service, you should also ask about things like multi-room (if required), catch up tv, 4K streaming (in which case the zgemma i55 isn't really any good as it will only do up to 1080p HD) and things like "is there full EPG for all UK & American channels etc etc etc". (there are probably other things too that I have forgot, lol)

About pausing live tv if the provider doesn't have it, now don't take this as the gospel truth as I am just trying to remember off the top of my head here and thinking back with a few loose screws rattling around :grin:, if you record let's say a live movie, the picture will freeze and naturally you think that it's not recording when in fact it is (if you have your hard drive or usb drive set up properly), so you come back when you know the movie is finished after going for a walk or whatever, lol, then look at your file list and you should (I think :confused:) have a recording and you may well be able to pause and rw/ff it, as I say, try it as I just can't remember 100% about this, try it for even maybe recording something for 5 minutes then just end the process, worth trying, I think it works but I might be wrong, I remember back ages I done something like that and something worked but not sure if it was that, try it anyway, no harm in trying ;)

Brilliant thanks for getting back to me reg. this.
Odd thing is i was able to pause on my LGTV but not on the Zgemma, so the box funcionality must come into it somewhere.

Must do I guess if it's same supplier and only difference is an app on smart tv V's an i55 box.

Just wondering, how do you find the picture quality compared to the app and tv compared to the zgemma i55 ? Please be truthful now, I am just trying to figure out if I should buy a 4K IPTV box as some suppliers are already doing 4K and I have just bought a 4K tv, some people have said that it's better to allow the tv to do the hard work as it should be able to do it better than any box and then some people say that's utter bullocks and a box would be better, so it leaves me with the itchy head scenario, lol :LOL:

Thanks, any idea what app would work on the new 2018 model range of Sony Bravia android based tv's ?

I already know that Smart IPTV app isn't compatible but I know there are others out there, some I hear are good, some pure garbage and some are meant to be excellent, but as it's something I have never even touched ever then I am not sure at all, just wondering if anyone knows ?

Oh, I am wondering too, does anyone know this one, are there any boxes available that have 2 satellite tuners and and would also run IPTV along side my Freesat etc, my bloomin VU box blew the other day, been repaired twice now over the years, same old common fault, the red light of death, so I am not wasting anymore time or money on it, it's sitting there hiding loads of cables behind the tv stand just now with a bunch of other dud boxes, LOL, true.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone confirm please if updating to openatv 6.2 firmware will allow pausing of LIVE TV (not VOD or IPTV player movies and stuff), actual pausing of live tv (iptv) I mean, does anyone know ?

It's just that I had someone Private Message and mentioned that by updating to 6.2 it gave them the option to pause 'Live Tv', I can't and don't doubt the person it's just that I find that hard to understand unless the persons provider has enabled pausing for them, that's the only way I can see it being possible as if the provider doesn't allow that option then no matter what image/firmware you flash it won't make any difference.

Is that correct or did I completely miss something big here ?

Can anyone please confirm this ? Thank you :)

Can anyone confirm please if updating to openatv 6.2 firmware will allow pausing of LIVE TV (not VOD or IPTV player movies and stuff), actual pausing of live tv (iptv) I mean, does anyone know ?

It's just that I had someone Private Message and mentioned that by updating to 6.2 it gave them the option to pause 'Live Tv', I can't and don't doubt the person it's just that I find that hard to understand unless the persons provider has enabled pausing for them, that's the only way I can see it being possible as if the provider doesn't allow that option then no matter what image/firmware you flash it won't make any difference.

Is that correct or did I completely miss something big here ?

Can anyone please confirm this ? Thank you :)
I think NazoDoop posted he had it working this morning mate in a post and in shout box

Last edited by a moderator:
Why did the mods delete my post in this thread ?

Why don’t you just upgrade to 6.2 and see if it works for you? There’s nothing to lose.

even offered to make a video to prove it works lol. Forward and rewind does not work

It has its drawbacks however , if you pause for more than 3 minutes when you resume it goes black and you have to change channels. Pausing for a minute or two works fine
Recording does not work for me

This is how i got it to work.
Mount a USB stick
Change to EXTE3 Player in service app
Change stream type to 5002 in Suls

Last edited:
It has its drawbacks however , if you pause for more than 3 minutes when you resume it goes black and you have to change channels. Pausing for a minute or two works fine
This is your IPTV server thinking you have disconnected and ends the stream. I would think this time period may vary between servers.

I still can't see how any image/firmware will allow pausing when a supplier such as the one I am with has made it very clear that his service doesn't support pausing of LIVE IPTV such as things like a 3pm kickoff football game etc or a movie that starts at say 10pm on Sly etc, unless of course openatv 6.2 has unlocked a massive feature that even some suppliers don't know about as they could potentially use this as a selling point same as they do with multiroom and things like having 4K channels etc in their adverts and so on, you know what I mean guys ?

I still can't see how any image/firmware will allow pausing when a supplier such as the one I am with has made it very clear that his service doesn't support pausing of LIVE IPTV such as things like a 3pm kickoff football game etc or a movie that starts at say 10pm on Sly etc, unless of course openatv 6.2 has unlocked a massive feature that even some suppliers don't know about as they could potentially use this as a selling point same as they do with multiroom and things like having 4K channels etc in their adverts and so on, you know what I mean guys ?

I don't know either to be fair, i upgraded to 6.2 and the first thing i checked was the pause button and it is working.
However some suppliers as you say, might not support pause/play

On image I'm using I'm able to pause live tv on iptv and un pause ect so it could be a provider thing as some may support it some won't like recording some support it some don't suppose it's the way they want it to work can't see it been solely down to image

I will most likely be changing supplier in the quite near future anyway and looking to get one that does support 4K, multi-room, pausing and recording of LIVE IPTV amongst other extra things I would like if possible, I know it will cost more money but money well spent in my opinion I'd say ;) (need to get myself a half decent 4K iptv box firstly though, lol).

I will most likely be changing supplier in the quite near future anyway and looking to get one that does support 4K, multi-room, pausing and recording of LIVE IPTV amongst other extra things I would like if possible, I know it will cost more money but money well spent in my opinion I'd say ;)

Thats a good idea.
For now though, why don't you try OpenATV then install wooshbuild infinity.
Which image are you currently running ?

Thats a good idea.
For now though, why don't you try OpenATV then install wooshbuild infinity.
Which image are you currently running ?

openatv 6.1, but I was told by a very reliable source that it's pretty pointless updating to 6.2 as there is really no serious differences that the person could notice at all, I'm wondering if your supplier actually supports/offers pausing as part of his service, have you asked him @NazoDoop mate ? Just wondering, that's all.

openatv 6.1, but I was told by a very reliable source that it's pretty pointless updating to 6.2 as there is really no difference that the person could notice at all, I'm wondering if your supplier actually supports/offers pausing as part of his service, have you asked him @NazoDoop mate ? Just wondering, that's all.

I heard someone on this forum ( cant remember where or who ) said that their PVR worked better on 6.2. I know its all minor updates.

If you don't want to flash 6.2 then follow the steps i posted above with reg. to changing player type etc.

Does your pause work if you click " Help " scroll down to " Pause/Continue playback " then click it ?

I heard someone on this forum ( cant remember where or who ) said that their PVR worked better on 6.2. I know its all minor updates.

If you don't want to flash 6.2 then follow the steps i posted above with reg. to changing player type etc.

Does your pause work if you click " Help " scroll down to " Pause/Continue playback " then click it ?

No mate it doesn't work ( I can do what I posted in the first post of this whole thread though and I am positive everyone else can or will be able to do likewise too), I can't change the player type either as I have to use extreme editor or I lose a lot of channels and all of my EPG too. (or can I ? I am unsure, I wonder ?) If the supplier says the only way to keep all bouqets, channels and EPG in the best running order then I would assume that I can only use extreme editor if thats what he says, there again, he could be talkin rubbish for all I know, lol

So it must be because you have multi-room that your able to pause/record etc because I don't have multi-room and I can't pause Live iptv or anything, I can record but the screen freezes and then I need to flick to maybe satellite tv whilst the zgemma is recording and then go back later and the recording will have finished, that is possible from what I remember but it's a pain in the azz man with it freezing when recording and things, I guess my supplier just sucks, lol, although he does offer a half decent service with good EPG for literally peanuts, that's the only plus point with him, as for anything else he is quite useless I can honestly say, thank goodness my sub will have run out quite soon as I think I will defo be after a much better service from a better supplier :)

Last edited:
No mate, it must be because you have multi-room that your able to pause/record etc because I don't have multi-room and I can't pause Live iptv or anything, I can record but the screen freezes and then I need to flick to maybe satellite tv whilst the zgemma is recording and then go back later and the recording will have finished, that is possible from what I remember but it's a pain in the azz man with it freezing when recording and things, I guess my supplier just sucks, lol, although he does offer a half decent service with good EPG for literally peanuts, that's the only plus point with him, as for anything else he is quite useless I can honestly say, thank goodness my sub will have run out quite soon as I think I will defo be after a much better service from a better supplier :)

You could get a test line from a supplier which offers multi-room and give it a go ?

do you have a USB mounted ?

do you have a USB mounted ?

Yep, but I will leave it just now mate as I am not too bothered for now because my sub will soon be up and time for a change and this time I will make sure the supplier has all the bells and whistles with his service, I know someone that knows someone that provides such a service, so it's just a matter of time before I get the service from that new guy if he will accept me as a customer, other than that or I will have to search for someone else myself and hopefully not fall into any traps, hopefully not as I would only join someone if they were recommended from very reliable sources etc.

Yep, but I will leave it just now mate as I am not too bothered for now because my sub will soon be up and time for a change and this time I will make sure the supplier has all the bells and whistles with his service, I know someone that knows someone that provides such a service, so it's just a matter of time before I get the service from that new guy if he will accept me as a customer, other than that or I will have to search for someone else myself and hopefully not fall into any traps, hopefully not as I would only join someone if they were recommended from very reliable sources etc.

Fair enough that sounds a plan.
I would always suggest updating to 6.2 and giving it a go, it's a stable image now and take it from me, it works just as well as 6.1 with the added bonus of pausing at the click of a button.

Good luck either way mate :)

Oh yea, I will be updating to 6.2 or possibly even 6.3 which is in beta form just now, I will more than likely have a new box anyway although I will stick the zgemma in the other bedroom so that I can use multi-room and also be able to watch stuff via my computer screen too as I do miss that from the old HD satellite days with my VU receiver.

Oh yea, I will be updating to 6.2 or possibly even 6.3 which is in beta form just now, I will more than likely have a new box anyway although I will stick the zgemma in the other bedroom so that I can use multi-room and also be able to watch stuff via my computer screen too as I do miss that from the old HD satellite days with my VU receiver.

Fair enough, I never use Betas especially in its early stage unless there's a benefit to updating .

Back