Zgemma loses signal

Hi there,

At risk of hijacking this thread, I have a very similar problem, not sure if it's the same root cause with similar behaviour. My Zgemma H2S box has been running WooshBuild4 quite happily since October last year. No channel loss, no EPG issues, just running perfectly :-) Two weeks ago the channels would suddenly go out of sequence or just missing - including the FTA channels. BBC would just be blank, and using channel up/down would seemingly just cycle through random channels.

I thought it was an update glitch, so re-flashed to a known good build. All it fine again for several hours before the channels go AWOL again. I've just upgraded/flashed to WooshBuild5, and the same behaviour.

The weird thing is that if I perform a GUI restart, it all works again for several hours. I've had to create timers to restart the GUI three time a day :-(

I'm beginning to think the tuners have kaput, or crashing, and it's driving me nuts!...
Any advice or insights would be greatly received!

Try formatting Hdd on pc fat 32 or ex fat and re- initialise the hdd again then create 256mb swap file.

Note this will delete all data!

Ah, that's a good call actually. I've just deleted and recreated the swap-file to see if that improves matters. If not, I'll try reformatting completely after I've moved everything off it :-)

I have had this I found that the programme has to go to the end and it is fine then FF to end go into file list and then delete?

I am a complete amateur and have literally 0 knowledge on this kind of tech. I am having a similar issue I think.. except my box just randomly hits 0% signal randomly. I can be watching any thing channel and my signal randomly hits 0% and I have to restart box to get it working again. Sometimes i need to restart it once and other times 3-4 times. The signal could hit 0% once every 15minutes or it could be once every few hours.. I have recorded the issue on my phone and try to upload video to show what I mean. as it may be different to this issue but sounds similar. I am currently using iPab image.

Back