Zgemma Name change

rago

I have a H5 2TC and a H2h and have changed the name on both restarted both boxes and hub but my hub is still showing them as Zgemma`S does anyone have any ideas
TIA rago

I`m sure there was a discussion on some time back about Zgemma s being rebranded to work on cable instead of sat, and i believe it was the s that became the h model, [ tuner were change over ... i think m8 ]

I have a H5 2TC and a H2h and have changed the name on both restarted both boxes and hub but my hub is still showing them as Zgemma`S does anyone have any ideas
TIA rago
menu
setup
system
network
mounts setup
mount manager
change hostname that's what I done then restarted my h2h box and router and my router and box now have the name I changed it to

I have two zgemma box's ,on one I changed the host name to XboxSystemOS , any advice on what to name the other ? Can I just name it " PlayStation " or is their a proper host name for a PlayStation box ?

name it what you want, you should be the only one who can see it, many change the host name to stop your ISP from knowing what devices are connected if you ever need to contact them for support.

doesn't matter just name it to something that you can hard wire with Ethernet cable like ps4 ps4 pro or xbox1

Is there an official host name for a PlayStation 4 etc , a while back I rang my broadband supplier and they could tell I had a dreambox running so if I name a zgemma " ps4 " will they know it's not a ps4 because that's not the official host name of a ps4 ?

Is there an official host name for a PlayStation 4 etc , a while back I rang my broadband supplier and they could tell I had a dreambox running so if I name a zgemma " ps4 " will they know it's not a ps4 because that's not the official host name of a ps4 ?
if it says ps4 or xbox1 which are legal then wot can they say and even if it does say your box name what you have how can they tell your not just watching free view which is legal your looking into this to much I think

By default many devices give the game away by hostname....xbox, ps4, enigma2, zgemma etc so renaming your box will cut the chances of your ISP knowing just by its hostname what the device is, you can rename your devices to anything you want....mytv, xbox, bobs box, dodgytv, stuffyouVirmin etc...anything you like so its not important to use any official hostname for another device. In my case I have changed my Edision OS Nino to Edi & my Zgemma H7 to Gem (not exactly creative names but it doesnt matter imo)... many leave the host names as default & have no issues as they are in essence a free to air set top box.
It's only when you contact your ISP for support that the guy/girl on the other end of the phone will have a good idea what the connected devices are & make an educated guess what you are using it for.
As far as I am aware your ISP is permitted to see hostnames (& possibly mac addresses) but not allowed to dig any deeper without specific permissions or they would be breaking data protection laws

Last edited:
Back