zGemma naming?

stu22

I'm new to zGemma stuff and I'm absolutely confused by their hardware names.

For instance, I buy the 'new' H2H only to find out is is the old 'Star' H2H?

People tell me the old H2H is better than the new H2H....What??

What does the initial H mean, High Def?
Does the '2' mean Twin Tuner?
Does the latter H mean 'Hybrid'?

So does H2H mean....

High Definition Twin Tuner Hybrid?

What a ******* mess.

I've posted this list in another thread, so I've just copied it here as it seems logical to do so.
The range of the receivers are all ZGemma Star. Then the model numbers are as follows:

LC = 1x cable
H1 = 1x cable, 1x sat
H2 = 1x cable/terrestrial, 1x sat
S = 1x sat
2S = 2x sat
H.S = Dual-Core, 1x sat
H.2S = Dual-Core, 2x sat
H.2H = Dual-Core, 1x cable/terrestrial, 1x sat

There shouldn't be a Star H2H and a non-Star H2H afaik.

The newer H. Models aren't star that's for the older models

Zgemma star lc= 1x cable
Zgemma star H1 = 1x cable, 1x sat
Zgemma star H2 = 1x cable/terrestrial, 1x sat
Zgemma star S = 1x sat
Zgemma star 2S = 2x sat
Zgemma H.S = Dual-Core, 1x sat
Zgemma H.2S = Dual-Core, 2x sat
Zgemma H.2H = Dual-Core, 1x cable/terrestrial, 1x sat

So would you say it was true that the cable tuner in the newer H boxes are weaker than the previous Star edition?

I've had a H2 and a H2H. Personally for me - I can't see any difference between them.

Some people complain of glitching on the H2H. Unfortunately, a lot of the time though it's been down to mg_cfg so it makes that hard to judge.

And what do you know, my H2H doesn't have the Star branding! Never noticed before!

Some people complain of glitching on the H2H. Unfortunately, a lot of the time though it's been down to mg_cfg so it makes that hard to judge.

I have glitching on FTA though, so changing cam settings makes no difference.

Is the H2 much slower than the H2H?

i think he's just getting confused with the branding with the first gen models are zgemma star and the 2nd gen are zgemma H.

---------- Post Merged at 04:30 PM ----------

I have glitching on FTA though, so changing cam settings makes no difference.

Is the H2 much slower than the H2H?

have a look here at the last post re splitter setup http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-h-2h/96649-cable-channel-snr-stu-stu-stutter.html

Last edited:
Yes, there is a noticeable speed difference between the H2 and the H2H.

If your still having glitching on the 5 FTA channels, then you either have splitter issues or a weak signal to start with. If you also have cable broadband - what are your power levels from the modem (Router Status/Downstream)? Power Levels and RxMER.

I'm 100% certain there is nothing wrong with my signal.

My Dreambox 800SE works perfectly, no glitching at all on any channels.

I'll post my stats just incase...

Lock Status Channel ID Frequency Modulation Rx Power SNR Pre RS Errors Post RS Errors
Locked 3 219000000Hz QAM256 6.5 dBmV 42.1 dB 1269 39
Locked 1 203000000Hz QAM256 7.0 dBmV 43.0 dB 1054 21
Locked 2 211000000Hz QAM256 7.2 dBmV 43.1 dB 1103 12
Locked 4 227000000Hz QAM256 5.2 dBmV 41.4 dB 1424 12
Locked 5 235000000Hz QAM256 6.2 dBmV 42.3 dB 1503 13
Locked 6 243000000Hz QAM256 5.2 dBmV 41.9 dB 1445 0
Locked 7 251000000Hz QAM256 4.0 dBmV 40.8 dB 1627 12
Locked 8 259000000Hz QAM256 3.9 dBmV 40.5 dB 3030 36

Owning the H2H now for a couple of months after having a H2. The H2H has a dual core and the difference in speed is significant specially if you are using both tuners.

No problem glitches what so everon cable or sat.

Might depend also on what image one is running. I myself use the Openpli image and do the setup myself. No prefab image with all the stuff others pick out for you.

The box running not as you might expect with those images.
Important is also that the drivers are up to date. That only can be achieved by using a clean image without all the fuzz from prefab images.

My advice would be, flash a Ean image and work self on it and see how that is working for you.

Owning the H2H now for a couple of months after having a H2. The H2H has a dual core and the difference in speed is significant specially if you are using both tuners.

No problem glitches what so everon cable or sat.

Might depend also on what image one is running. I myself use the Openpli image and do the setup myself. No prefab image with all the stuff others pick out for you.

The box running not as you might expect with those images.
Important is also that the drivers are up to date. That only can be achieved by using a clean image without all the fuzz from prefab images.

My advice would be, flash a Ean image and work self on it and see how that is working for you.

I never use backup images as they are typically full of crap that I don't need.

The box has been returned for a refund.

Back