Zgemma Recording Issues

vagdriver

Hi, I've just recently setup my H5.2s (Wooshbuild V5) and I'm having trouble setting up recordings. Seem to be a fair bit more involved than with sky for series link stuff. The main issue I'm having is I can schedule 2 programs at the same time. I keep getting a pop up message saying there is a conflict. I have recordings set to take priority so can't see why I can't record both at once. Any help appreciated. Cheers.

---------- Post Merged at 09:03 AM ----------

Apologies, that should have read can't schedule 2 recordings. Also I'm using the sky Q skin. Cheers.

Need to be posting in the correct area to get the right response bud, check you have both cables in the correct tuners on the back of the box, A&B, make sure your not plugged into the loopout socket

Last edited:
Apologies about that, what's the correct section for questions like this?

i just checked the connections there, I'm in Lnb in and tuner A. Loop out is empty. These connections are diagonal to each other. I tried switching them but still no joy. Basically if I try to record 2 things at the same time I get a conflict and it doesn't populate the planner in the timer section. The other odd thing I've noticed is that if I attempt to record something that I'm actually watching during the day it will flag up as a conflict with something scheduled to record later this evening or even later in the week. It goes on to record anyway but I can't watch anything else as if I only have a single tuner/1 cable connected. Do I need to enable 2 tuners?

Yes is the answer it will not download and record one channel on a different freq as the one you are watching. With a dual tuner for that feature you need to be connected to both tuners with 2 separate leads do not use splitters they are a pain and will cuase you more trouble than worth. You need 2 cables from the LNB/dish to the 2 tuners on the box.

Thanks for that, it was a tuner issue. I set up the second tuner to match tuner 1 and it sorted the issue. I have a different issue now in so far as random stuff is recording without scheduling them. Seems anything I watch ends up recorded in the planner. Any ideas?

Thanks for that, it was a tuner issue. I set up the second tuner to match tuner 1 and it sorted the issue. I have a different issue now in so far as random stuff is recording without scheduling them. Seems anything I watch ends up recorded in the planner. Any ideas?

Hi there - can you please confirm that by changing the tuner settings you were able to series link or record 2 shows set to record at the same time?

I've been going daft here trying to record two shows at the same time and as you mentioned you can set 1 show fine but if the other show you want to record is sheduled to be on at the same time you get a conflict errror??

Would be great if this did indeed solve the problem!

Thanks in advance.

Try one as zap and record

OK newbie here - what does that mean lol "zap and record" I can shedule something to record and that's fine but try and scheule another station to record at the same time and you get a timer conflict. I can sit an record two stations at the same time and watch a previously recorded show but it is the timer recordings that seem to have a problem - actually that's the only problem I have and am scratching my head on how to get it too work?

Any other ideas or did you manage somehow?

I don't use the auto record as it records same thing if it's on more than once on the same day.
I find the easiest way to record is set it with just the record
How u do it it say goto bbc1 bring up the channels list then press EPG then go to say 8pm then press record then it brings up more options like
Timer type = record .press across then zap and record
Repeat type = once .press across then repeated
Repeats = weekly .press across then daily

Thansk for the help - I changed the info on tuner B to "same as tuner a" and seem to now be able to record two shows at the same time.

One odd thing though - if there is a recording due to start when one of the two recordings finsihes it then throws up a conflict (weird). I got around this by changing the time of the recording to start 1 minute past when the other 2 finish - worked that way?? Good idea about using the zap method (pressed the red button rather than the record button to find that feature).

Hi, im new to zgemma box and currently using zgemma h5.2tc.
Im having recording issues. I have tuner A and B connected but it seems as if I can only record what I am watching. Can I watch 1 channel and record another? would appreciate it if someone can help thanks

Hi, im new to zgemma box and currently using zgemma h5.2tc.
Im having recording issues. I have tuner A and B connected but it seems as if I can only record what I am watching. Can I watch 1 channel and record another? would appreciate it if someone can help thanks
Are they separate leads from LNB to box if not that I would say is the issue. however I think it as 2 cable one sat so not a dual lnb issue ?

Last edited:
I dont have one,
but, I'm fairly certain A is sat, B & C are cable tuners,
you only need one cable to B and it is link inside to C
what cables have you going to what tuners @Snoopy1

I dont have one,
but, I'm fairly certain A is sat, B & C are cable tuners,
you only need one cable to B and it is link inside to C
what cables have you going to what tuners @Snoopy1
hi mate,
i have sky wire which is from the dish going to tuner A and virgin cable going to tuner B. what i'll try is reconfigure it maybe that could work. if this doesn't do you have any other ideas?
cheers

hi mate,
i have sky wire which is from the dish going to tuner A and virgin cable going to tuner B. what i'll try is reconfigure it maybe that could work. if this doesn't do you have any other ideas?
cheers
have you set your tuners up correctly?
A is sat
B & C are cable

Back