Zgemma remote not working after a year of no issues.

evening all

Hopefully someone will be able to help.
ive had openvix installed for the last year and a bit with no issues at all, then all of a sudden the circle with a x in the middle appeared whenever I tried using the remote.
Sometimes this affects the entire navigation so I couldn't change any setting or scroll through any menu. Absolutely nothing has been installed additional in the last year so I re flashed the same image and the same problem.

So I tried a factory restore of the box and then flashed IPab and my remote just done nothing.
Using openwebif I have managed to navigate the menus with no issues, gone to try the remote and the only button that works is the volume with the circle coming up after I press and the menu button which works with no issue but I can't do anything from there.

Anyone got any ideas as I am well and truly stumped.

Try getting a small screwdriver and see if the silver connectors haven't been pushed in some times with use they don't make contact with the batteries. it happened to a friends the other day

Replaced the batteries.

the remote is being registered but the no entry sign comes up in the corner stopping most box functions from working.

Through openwebif the the remote works without issue.

Hopefully new new remote fixes the issue.

Back