ZGemma S2 channesl freezing

Sorry guys been away from home all weekend. Ecm is going from 0.166 when I first go to the channel to 0.999 on channels that freeze.
Usually around 0.194 on.the ones that font freeze so.often!
Will try scanning and checking the other versions of the channels tonight!
Now I know what to look for I will report back once I've given it another go.

Thanks
Gogo

I had very similar problems to this, the picture was freezing 4 or 5 times an hour for around 10 or 15 seconds when connected using homeplugs.

I'm not trying to teach anyone how to "suck eggs" here but this morning I reset the router by switching it off for about 5 mins and for the last 6 hrs I have not had a single freeze.

Strange..??

Hi guys, I seem to be getting freezing channels a lot more frequent lately, the FTA are all fine it's the subscribed ones I'm having issues with. Tried a reboot and router reset. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks

Hi guys, I seem to be getting freezing channels a lot more frequent lately, the FTA are all fine it's the subscribed ones I'm having issues with. Tried a reboot and router reset. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks

You could maybe try a test line from someone else to rule out the provider, that's assuming you've already contacted your current one re: the issues
If you've no internet issues or signal issues, then you should see the difference when adding a more stable connection

My provider is not answering any of my messages which is both frustrating and dubious, is it simple to install a new gift as my box came fully set up just plug in and away you go. Also does anyone know of any good gifts that are not overloaded?
Thanks

My provider is not answering any of my messages which is both frustrating and dubious, is it simple to install a new gift as my box came fully set up just plug in and away you go. Also does anyone know of any good gifts that are not overloaded?
Thanks

I think you need to post in the correct section for the latter part of your request !!

Sorted mine I asked for a test line so I could try a different supplier put the nline in and it was still freezing so I added the test line and my line so there working together not freezing anymore so tomorrow when the test line runs out I shall be buying another line off him or maybe 2 more:)

So is it when the ecm is low that it freezes? Mine is continually changing and it could be below 0.1 one minute and glitching and next minute above 2.0 and it still seems glitchy

I'm also on a ccam line, was fine last night, but tonight glitching like mad (on HD channels I only watch). I checked the ecm time and it was .69 which seems high according to this thread. I don't know whether it may be my Zgemma H2 which has Openvix on it, or what...

My Zgemma works much better from changing to MGCAM. I found this helpful guide although its 2 years old. http://www.techkings.org/general-satellite-discussion/54035-difference-between-cccam-mgcamd.html

Mgcamd vs CCcam

A comparison: Mgcamd vs CCcam; why do we prefer Mgcamd?

• Mgcamd allows the user and the card added with no reboot/restart/interruption, with CCcam, after each adding, this could be either a user or a card, the system should be restarted

• Mgcamd server does not stop without the human intrusion, meaning the interfearance of the server admin. Where as, the biggest problem of the CCCam server is the great likelyhood to stop randomly at any unpredictable time due to the massive amount of requests from the cards. Even commands scripted for the automatic reset in case the server stops, could not prevent the time loss described above.
  • Zap time in Mgcamd is faster than CCcam
  • And many more, we recommend you Give chance Mgcamd emu, because is better than CCcam, more stable and without glitches and freeze.
  • Mgcamd based on Clustered Cache, it's use the cache buffer. It means that when a channel is opened, the MGCamd server saves the channel key and when another user or users open the same channel/channels, MGCamd receives and uses that key data from buffer. This makes the server much faster because of the fact that it does not have to check the card twice for the key data again, so it allows a faster channel zapping and a much better tv experience

Interesting, looks like mgcam is far superior, which is what I have heard. However I currently bought a months service with Ccam and it plays sweetly sometimes, other times I get glitching. Since my last post I have had more issues with glitching / blocks on my channels, in particular on SS4 HD.

I am running everything through Cat5e brand new cabling, brand new box, highest speed internet in Dublin (can't find any mgcam providers here). Last night I went at it again, re-did all my cabling, and I got a sweet picture, because I had been getting 'tune failed' messages etc. I am starting to think my router is the problem. But at the same time the cables and/or Zgemma box must be very finicky, as it seems like the connections are weak...

The only weak link I can think of in my network aside from the cable tuner connection on the box, and the splitter connection, it is a POS Technicolor Tc7200 router :/

I have this problem with a 2s running mgcamd. I've changed supplier, snr never drops below 80% and ecm's hover around 0.133 - 0.3xx, I've changed the patch lead, Internet is a constant 40meg down and 10 up with a ping of around 18ms, I've used several images but still the same issue. The only constant in the setup is the technicolor tg589vac router. Anyone got any ideas? It's driving me crazy. I have a cloud ibox too which suffers the odd glitch but nothing like the zgemma 2s.

Last edited:
I have just had to flash my box zgemma star got 4 lines in it and hasn't stopped freezing tried 1 line same problem just had a new super hub put in and box on wifi as land doesn't work think connection faulty on box also takes ages to boot up now

I'm having the same problem as the original post. My snr on fta is 100% but in others it goes from 70 to 90%. Could this be an issue?

Back