Zgemma s2 problems with Virgin super hub 2 ac

carpetdaz

Just upgraded my virgin wireless router to a super hub 2 ac.
connected it to my zgemma via Ethernet just like I did my last router.
so some reason when connecting to my box the light on the router is Amber not green as it should be resulting in my box freezing quite often making things unwatchable .
my cable is fine and the router is fine as I have tried it with other devices without problem.
but for some reason it will not work with my zgemma s2.
can anybody help or has anybody had the same issues and have now sorted it out.
if so please tell us how you sorted it.
cheers in advance Daz

Fffs I'm thinking about getting vm broadband with the h2h but I don't like the sound of the issues change dyns or whatever it is on the router I've seen this a few times I might not bother if it causes this hassle

My light is exactly the same Amber only thing freezing on mine is some crap iptv channels normal channels are working flawlessly most likely your sub that is at fault

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

A few big servers recommend virgin isp users use Google DNS

Sent from my Gigaset QV830 using Tapatalk

a friend of mine is having a major problem with their new virgin router aswell, so can you explain google dns please? I think I read somewhere in te forums about changing settings on the router setup. anyone done that successfully? and yes, theyre receiving their tv through sat dish, not cable !

Virgin don't let you change their hubs so if not hacked and using your own then can only be done at box level.

Google dns are 8.8.4.4 and 8.8.8.8.

Turn dhcp off, press blue button to edit dns, save and network will restart(no need to reboot). Put dhcp back on.

I've heard of a few people it's sorted their freezing issues too...

Last edited:
Going to do this to my box regardless of how it's running in case I change lines cheers bang

I have changed the DNS settings on the box but still getting same issues.
amber light still on on back of super hub when connect even though other devices are ok and green eg ps4.
is they a way to work around this?
would power line solve the issue?

Hi pal check what the speed of the lan on box port is as Amber light just means 100mbps instead of 1000 mbps

Cheers for quick reply if just since updating to super hub 2 ac my zgemma box freezes all the time when watching premium channels. especially when missus is watch Kardashians on E channel.
This only happened a little on the original super hub but not its happening all the time.
Tried plugging going back to my original router but virgin have now dissabbled it since upgrading to new one.
I was wondering it anybody has a fix with this for the zgemma.
cheers Daz

I have 200mb net from virgin with superhub 2 and no issues at all. Make sure DNS is set at 8.8.8.8 and dhcp is off.

You can ask virgin to reinstate the old box you will have to return new box tho but only reason they don't allow is they clone the mac address and don't allow two macs to register to the line call them if u feel that's the problem to be honest it's no better a hub anyway I got similar speeds from old hub

Ask for this but told the old router is deactivated permantly and to chuck in bin. My friend has a different box with same router without issue

If you've both changed the DNS it's maybe a different reason then?

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

My box is fine not changed dns or dhcp off still working fine mine was line related some Prem channels were off for the night

Rite mate try this change ur hub to router only mode, one done wait for restart now unplug router for few mins n retry if not solved then there not much more settings wise that could cause it

I've got SH2 on 100mb and a 2S.

It's setup with homeplugs (just basic ones which now cost about £15-20) and everything works, as expected. Is that something you could try? Btw, I've not made any changes to DNS, everything is default after doing a fresh install of OpenVix.

Hope you get it sorted whatever it is but the homeplugs may be an option.

Back