zgemma star 2s box not booting from USB

rickc

Hello,
I bought a zgemma sat s2 box and I can not get it to flash from usb, I can see the usb flashing on boot but then the box boots up.

I am trying to boot with the latest sucmnsee image however I have tried others and still the same, I have tried 3 different usb sticks of different brands.

I have also done a low level format followed by a windows full format and still the same. The box sees the drive when booted up, and I can get to the vix menu > images, can I restore it from there? It does detect an image when I download from the .tv website but can't see any difference.

Any help would be great, I have spent hours on this :(

Thanks,

Rick

Just checking.
did u full format with hddguru as well?
and its just the zgemma folder ur pitting on stick after unraring it yeh?
past that only thing I can think is dodgy usb port. U could try flashing with front usb just in case? Dont even know if that works tho sorry

only certain usb seem to work when flashing these I used a Kingston usb and it flashes the boxes every time

Am in!!
Thanks for all the help! The guy I bought it off (ebay) said sometime Tspanel can mess things up.

I downloaded the bootloader from zgemma tv site, formated my kingston usb with hddguru, then windows format, extracted to the USB, flashed then loaded sucmnsee image and it booted, followed the install instructions and what a great image!!

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Zgemma-star 2s flashing issues

Am in!!
Thanks for all the help! The guy I bought it off (ebay) said sometime Tspanel can mess things up.

I downloaded the bootloader from zgemma tv site, formated my kingston usb with hddguru, then windows format, extracted to the USB, flashed then loaded sucmnsee image and it booted, followed the install instructions and what a great image!!

Thanks again!

Hi, i'm having the same issue. I have used 3 different memory sticks one being a 32gb kingston data traveller formatted with hddguru, then windows format, extracted to the USB still no joy. Does anyone have any ideas that can help.

Thanks in advance

Yes i just put that folder in the root on the usb.

I'm trying the ftp method now using filezilla. im in the box but cant see the folder /hdd/imagebackups/ to put it in

Thanks

Yes I just put the folder on the usb.

Im trying th ftp way now but can see the folder /hdd/imagebackups to put the file into. Do i just create it?

Thanks

thanks

created folder /media/hdd/imagebackups and tried to drag and drop the rar file but it transfer 61mb then fails. do i need to extract the file?

Ftp the zip labelled atv to imagebackups

---------- Post Merged at 03:06 PM ----------

We have both posted links to 2 different boxs. Make sure u use the relevant file!!!!!

I'm there.

It wouldn't let me transfer any files fully by ftp. Did it through usb. Was told to plus it in the front, flash though software, which didnt work, then plugged it in the back and it flashed. Bizarre.

Thanks for all you help . Great work on the skin

Ftp the zip labelled atv to imagebackups

Hi mate,
Looking for a bit of expert advice. I had you latest image set-up on a H2.S and then suddenly it froze and now wont boot up, i only get the red led on the front. I have downloaded bootloader but i am unsure as to how to set up the USB for it to work. Could you tell me exactly how to do it please? do i incorporate the file into your image files? I obviously have formatted a usb and now just looking to find out the next step.

any help greatly appreciated , thanks

Back