Zgemma star 2s cccam assistance required.

just reading threw the thread and would like to thank everyone for taking time to help . its a bit of a minefield for newbies like me

Hi can someone point me in the right direction ive just got a zgemma s2 has openatv image on it how do i set up the ccam adn sky skin?

Hi all
had my zgemma star2s about a week now. thanks to plenty of reading of the many contributors
on this forum i have it working with a decent epg, hdd setup & recording programs with no
problems.Would like to try one of the images on here, the only thing stopping me from trying
is the re inputting the "line".
My problem is that most of the reading I have done on here lead me to usr/keys in there I
have mg_cfg & newcamd, in newcamd I only have one line not two!!! is this right or am I
doing something wrong?

Hi all
had my zgemma star2s about a week now. thanks to plenty of reading of the many contributors
on this forum i have it working with a decent epg, hdd setup & recording programs with no
problems.Would like to try one of the images on here, the only thing stopping me from trying
is the re inputting the "line".
My problem is that most of the reading I have done on here lead me to usr/keys in there I
have mg_cfg & newcamd, in newcamd I only have one line not two!!! is this right or am I
doing something wrong?

not sure what you mean by you only have one line instead of two? I assume you have opened the newcam file up using notepad? sometimes there is more than one line, sometimes it just looks like one long line of text and will have dummy lines aswell as the actual working line.

on other newcam files, it really is just one short line of text with no dummy lines.

if it works then don't worry about it, you haven't done anything wrong - just DONT mess with whatever you were supplied with !!

its a good idea to make sure you have a back up copy of both the mgcam and the newcam files on your computer !!!

Last edited:
What I meant by two lines is I have my line which is in this format CWS = abcde.no-ip.biz 12345 rog123-4321 7654321 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 but in the guide from rustymg they talk about a line in this format CWS_KEEPALIVE = 60 this is the line I do not have.

Just realized I probably will have that line if I download & flash one of the images!!!
One quick question if I do try one of the images, after inputting your line do you have to do anything to activate it or does the box just find it
thanks for help with this.

It allows cccam and newcam lines to work in mgcamd. Basically you add them up so for cccam it's 32 and newcam it's 1 therefore cccam plus newcam = 33. In a nutshell it allows your line to work in mgcamd and maybe that's why it's not working for you and others.

It allows cccam and newcam lines to work in mgcamd. Basically you add them up so for cccam it's 32 and newcam it's 1 therefore cccam plus newcam = 33. In a nutshell it allows your line to work in mgcamd and maybe that's why it's not working for you and others.

thanks for that

No problem happy to help, I'm just surprised nobody mentioned it to you before now! And that you haven't came across it till now, was first thing that popped into my head. In an earlier post somebody or maybe it was you reflashed, there was no call for that in my opinion.

how do I load CCam line to my zgamma star 2s thanks can do aopenbox easy but want to know if it is simple enough any help thanks mike

Hi please help . I have a Zgemma 2s which all of a sudden has lost the picture and no channels are working. I could do with step by step tuition on how to set up from scratch . From where to get the software from and how to get it up and running . Please help chaps. Thanks

HI I need some help I've received my zgemma h2s box and added my new line working great. Iam setting up a new line for a friend when I open filezilla and go into var, keys it won't let me delete old line to put new one on can some help please

Back