Zgemma Star 2S Dummy guide required please!

iconic944ss

Good Morning,

Didnt get ANY sort of user manual with our box, cant even find a pdf online!

Not really a good start, managed to get free to air channels installed ok and sufficiently impressed with better image quality over an F5S to want to try and continue but how?

Cant see the 2S on my network, no idea about images or plugins, never mind lines.

Beginners guide might bring quite a few noobs, to the site.

Thanks in advance.

U can use any setup guide for the particular image u use. Normally the only difference between diff types of boxs is how u flash them.
just remember if using vix on these DONT online update.

Using Openvix it IS NOT ADVISABLE to online update. Its not supported and wont be supported by vix! There are regular unofficial vix images released by airsat that are usable. But it is not safe in the long run to online update..

Many Thanks - I have Apollo 142 running nicely already, even if it WOULDNT flash from the the REAR USB port as the write up I found stated?

Is there an easy way of sorting channels into categories, please - it was one the best features of the F5S I feel.

Might try a Putty session soon ;-)

Let me know about putty lol I bought pc card and cable but never hooked it up lol

Have u set up autobouquetsmaker?

Menu
setup
service searching
autobouquetsmaker
Providers. And set ur area (SD)
At the bottom SkyUK swap channels--Yes
Exit once and
Start Scan

---------- Post Merged at 12:14 AM ----------

Then epg. Make sure u have a fully set up usb living in the box for the epg etc.

Setup
sysrem
epg
settings
Epg location set to /media/hdd

Menu
setup
Crossepg
configured to dl nightly
openTv providers set to sky uk
download now.

Reboot
EPG button
select ur first channel from there to reset sometimes

Last edited:
Thanks again!

I dont have happy Putty memories - used to use a Null modem cable for re-flashing what I assume were clone F5 boxes - VERY hit and miss, used to take multiple attempts to get the result.

The instructions from 'IamLee' in the 2nd post here, show Putty being used over a router or I guess with an ethernet cable?

I'll post how I get on ;-)

PUTTY worked just fine, sadly I couldnt get the IP address from my PC? Oddly, I had to use my router software to tell me the addy - I did find it later in the box itself.

From what I could see, Putty is only used to access the box and set a new password, I dont know any other commands so left it at that.

More oddly, my line simply wouldnt work until I removed the CWS delay?

Getting there slowly...

Really like the EPG, search and IMdb options.

Sadly, It wont accept my 1Tb hard drive - I wanted to watch some movies on it but the box just does not like it - is there a good media player to use?

Cheers

Back