Zgemma star 2s. Factory reset help

andy666

Hi guys any help much appreciated. I baught a second zgemma star 2s box and after a while playing with it stupid me hit factory reset so set it all bk up but cant connect to the box through filezilla typed ip address and root as username but wont connect any help guys please. Im starting to pull my hair out

i would try downloading firmware again and flash it again, have read on other places never to factory reset, or if you have a back up would that not work?

Ip address hasnt changed. I know ur not supposed to factory reset but must b a way of working it out. Will try reflashing 2nite

Not 100% but I'd imagine that it should still be flashable even after a factory reset. I reckon do what eileen suggests and re-flash it and see how you get on.

hi i can ftp to box when connected directly to router but cant get it to flash and after boot it stays on 00 and nothing appears on screen

If you're using a USB with the zgemma folder, try digging into the folder and there should be a file called "noforce", rename it to "force" then reboot your box. I had similar problems and that's what helped me.

Hi Guys is there anyone out there can help me i have got a zgemma i am trying to load ipab 1.3.6 onto a customer's zgemma Star 2s and getting nowhere fast i have done a slow format on the flash memory chip and transferred the files across as i have done many times before but with no success god knows where i am going wrong i have got 4 Zgemma's already why is it it;s flashing for whoosbuild and not the zgemma on boot up its coming up with links with a penquin in the middle of links any help would be great thanls bill

Hi Bill.

Being new to this box and setup process, I've been digging around the internet for help. I came across this website http://www.zgemma.tv/ which allows you to click on the Zgemma box model that you have and then download the original factory image. There's also instructions in pigeon english but very easy to follow. I learned that the rear USB port should be used to flash and whenever BOOT appears on the front display, you should press the front power button until it changes to FLSH.
It might be worth going through this slightly longer process to get a base image and then reflash with Whoosh or something else.

Hi Bill.

Being new to this box and setup process, I've been digging around the internet for help. I came across this website http://www.zgemma.tv/ which allows you to click on the Zgemma box model that you have and then download the original factory image. There's also instructions in pigeon english but very easy to follow. I learned that the rear USB port should be used to flash and whenever BOOT appears on the front display, you should press the front power button until it changes to FLSH.
It might be worth going through this slightly longer process to get a base image and then reflash with Whoosh or something else.

Hiya mate thanks for a speedy reply this zgemma star 2s box is mystifying me i already have a few as i am a reseller of them i took this one in to load ipab and iptv with streamkings being one of the best out there but found i could load whooshbuild v5 and openatv v6 th latest but trying to put ipab on is a nightmare . now looking at my own zgemma star it hasnt got a picture of linux wit a penquin in the middle i have a feeling its an old box and cant install ipab in it but saying that wooshbuild works ? mystery

Back