Zgemma Star 2S - N Line set up

fmarini2

Hi There,

Looking for some help adding my N line to my box. Can this be done solely via a formatted USB or does it have to be done via FTP? Having flashing issues when connecting the USB. It doesn't seem to flash at all. do i need to put the CCcam.cfg file into a folder called zgemma and should it flash that?

The reason I ask is that I can seem to log into the box with the standard username of root and password of pass. I'm not sure if that's the default credentials for the box or whether its been changed.

Running OpenVix and Apollo.142.

I'd quite like to install the Sky Skin as well, any idea how I would got about installing that?

Any help on this would be much appreciated. I work in IT but I'm completely new to all of this.

Thanks,

Theres a recent sky skin vix appolo 153 I did all set up if u like. In firmware section. Will take a lot of the grief out of it for you.
but u must ftp ur line. Cant any other way.
I use dreambox control centre as most straightforward.

Also u have a N line set up in a format meant for C lines (CCCcam.cfg) will work fine but better results using newcamd.list and mgcamd.

Hope this helps a little. And don't ever online upate vix on these!!

http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-sta...lo-153-zgemmastar-sucmnsee-backup-set-up.html

Last edited:
Thanks for this, big help!

Just extracted the rar file and put the Zgemma file onto a FAT32 formatted usb stick, turned the box off, plugged usb in, turned on and didnt flash...just normal boot up sequence.

Any ideas?

Usb. Frequent problem. Boxs picky. Thinkit's the mbr gets corrupted

---------- Post Merged at 06:37 PM ----------

Try others or use hddguru low level format tool to full format then windows full format.

Thanks again for your help.

If i manage to flash the box with the back up you linked me to, will I still need to add the n line via FTP?

Wondering if flashing with that back up will default the password to what you had it set to?

hello triwley the noob here. think ive got it sussed but its not flashing on to my zgemma s2 i think because the kernel roots and splash files unrar as vlc files.
Any suggestions?
cheers

You dont need to open the files When you download use a program like winzip/winrar to open file then just extract zgemma folder to fat 32usb

Can someone tell me where to find if my line is online in the box have just spent the last two days putting in the dame bloody thing using filezilla and no pic .

press ok button twice and channel info will appear, on left hand side you should see line details if active below channel name

Zgemma

Hello guys does anybody know how to backup a line using the zgemma star 2s box?

---------- Post Merged on 30-01-2016 at 12:16 AM ----------

so I can flash my image again on the zgemma star 2s box ?

Just ftp transfer the file containing your line over to a folder in your computer. I keep a dedicated Zgemma folder on my laptop which I geek this sort of stuff in...backups, etc too.

hi need some help im a newbie hada problem with my box freezing so had to reflash my box so lost channels my seller sent me the line number in an email but no instructions on how to transfer to my hs2 box any help appreciated

Can anyone help me i flashed my zgemma h2s box and lost my line but i didnt know my line details because i bought the box pre loaded any help how to get it?

Back