Zgemma star 2s Recording fail?

Scottb5

Hi Guys,

Sorry if someone’s asked this question before and I have missed it. I have the zgemma star 2 and have iPab tv installed on it. For some reason when I try to record anything it says it’s recording but it only records for 1 minute no matter what recording option you use? I’m using a flash drive that has been initialised, an£ was formatted to fat 32, the drive is 16gb. I’ve looked for similar posts but I couldn’t see any. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Scott.

Hi Guys,

Sorry if someone’s asked this question before and I have missed it. I have the zgemma star 2 and have iPab tv installed on it. For some reason when I try to record anything it says it’s recording but it only records for 1 minute no matter what recording option you use? I’m using a flash drive that has been initialised, an£ was formatted to fat 32, the drive is 16gb. I’ve looked for similar posts but I couldn’t see any. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Scott.
Are you trying to record iptv or satellite

I know some one else who uses the same provider, have the same box and they’re able to record? I’ll email them and double check though.

Thanks

Scott

I know some one else who uses the same provider, have the same box and they’re able to record? I’ll email them and double check though.

Thanks

Scott
Did you initialise your memory stick or go into menu recordings and time shift and make sure it's set to your usb stick which would be hdd I think

Yeah done all that. It starts recording but program freezes and the recording finishes after only 1 minute even though it says it’s still recording?

Scott

Previously when I recorded as I said the screen froze, so I would change channel to try and get the channel back. This would work as I went back to the channel it was playing again. But the recording stopped after 1 minute.

This time I left the channel on with screen frozen and it appears to be working! It’s recorded the program. When I start watching the recording it was frozen but then kicked in after a couple of seconds.

I thought because I had 2 feeds I could watch one channel and record another at the same time?
Maybe I have the feeds wrong? I have line A and loop connected and line b empty?

Thanks

Scott.

Previously when I recorded as I said the screen froze, so I would change channel to try and get the channel back. This would work as I went back to the channel it was playing again. But the recording stopped after 1 minute.

This time I left the channel on with screen frozen and it appears to be working! It’s recorded the program. When I start watching the recording it was frozen but then kicked in after a couple of seconds.

I thought because I had 2 feeds I could watch one channel and record another at the same time?
Maybe I have the feeds wrong? I have line A and loop connected and line b empty?

Thanks

Scott.
You should be able to record no problem then set something to record then put a freeview channel on see if same happens

Yeah that worked fine, it’s only if I try and watch and record from iptv at the same time!
Take it that’s normal then?
Thanks

Scott

Yeah that worked fine, it’s only if I try and watch and record from iptv at the same time!
Take it that’s normal then?
Thanks

Scott
I can record iptv and watch another channel sometimes it might go like that not only that the zgemma star 2s are old slow boxes at responding to things I use ipab image all linked to epg and works fine for me on a zgemma h2s so it could be a game of give and take and if your recording hd they use a lot of bandwidth and use a lot of your bb speed

True, just out of curiosity how do you have yours wired up at the back? Just to check mines is wired up correctly?

Thanks

Scott

Sorry never really explained that properly, the connections fron your dish to the back of the box? I have one connected to tuner A in and one connected to tuner B loop out. With lnb in no connection?

Thanks

Scott

Sorry never really explained that properly, the connections fron your dish to the back of the box? I have one connected to tuner A in and one connected to tuner B loop out. With lnb in no connection?

Thanks

Scott
There needs to be one in lnb in and one in tuner a mate the tuner b loop is to run the signal to another box that's just for sattalite and your epg and remaining sly channels available

Last edited:
Yeah I thought that, but the other person I know who uses the same set up said to watch and record one of the connections needs to be in the loop connector! I’ll sort that.

Cheers

Scott

Yeah I thought that, but the other person I know who uses the same set up said to watch and record one of the connections needs to be in the loop connector! I’ll sort that.

Cheers

Scott
Mines not connected to no loop mate and can record and watch another channel with iptv and sly

Yeah I did doubt that, but he had it installed before I got mine so accepted the advice! I’ll change it.
Thanks for the help!!

Scott

Yeah I did doubt that, but he had it installed before I got mine so accepted the advice! I’ll change it.
Thanks for the help!!

Scott
No worries pal have you got yours linked to epg on channels where it dosnt tell you what's on in epg you press record button and go to add minutes and put it in manually i think not too sure without looking on mine

Back