Zgemma Star H.2H vs. Miraclebox Mini+ Hybrid

Kojak10

I have bought both of these boxes for the exact same price (one is for someone else) and I was wondering which one performs better.

I will only be using the cable side of the box. But is it as simple as because Zgemma supports satellite as well so that's a better box by default?

Or is there any other cable box I should buy instead for under £100?

Thanks in advance!

Ah yes..got a bit confused!

So then which box is better? Do any of them support Kodi or other similar apps? I really can't differentiate between the two and I can only keep one!

Cheers!

The Miraclebox is far better that the zgemma, and the Miraclebox is supported by openvix as zgemma is not. so you will be able to do on-line updates and get openvix support if needed. Kodi is available in pluggin but the stream or a bit hit and miss. The Miraclebox defo.

The Mini + Hybrid does not have a Satellite tuner built in its just a single DVB-C/T/T2 tuner model, The Zgemma is a dual tuner Sat + Cable + Freeview

I'm also currently looking at new boxes, was goin for zgemma h.2... But then i read this.. I don't have satellite option only cable.. Is the firmware to unlock the miraclebox available on here? I just want to make the right choice before I order

That confirms it.. The Miraclebox Mini + is not a combo box and the Zgemma Star H.2H is a combo box.

With that being said, which is the better box for cable?

Same Broadcom Chipset with the same Dual Hyperthreading 750mhz CPU, the only difference is the Zgemma has a satellite tuner and you can use an SD card in the slot for recording but as previously said that make of receiver is officially supported by the OpenVix team so you can update the Vix image whenever you want.

There are a few other differences as well just compare specs of the 2 together

Both boxes are a similar price and similar spec, the Zgemma has got the extra sat tuner but if you
are not going to use it, Miraclebox all the way.

Official support and 2 yr warranty.

Ask yourself this, why is the Zgemma section the busiest area on the forum ?

Because it has problems or is it just great support lol

Tuner fail / lock / timeout etc, ring any bells ?

Look at the amount of posts, they usually take up 6-7 out of 10 on the main forum board.

All day, every day.

Nuff said !! lol

Last edited:
I have zgemma h1 running openvix great little box for the price and a good box to cut your teeth on if your a novice like me.

In the end I chose to go with the Miraclebox, I have only had it for couple of days so can't say much but it looks like a fast, reliable box with decent plugins and excellent support.

Back