Zgemma Star H.2S or Amiko or something better- which is the best box to get?

Yellow!99

I'm looking at getting my first box and need your expert advise to help me get the best box, I've come across these 2 boxes

ZGemma H.2S
Amiko
Extend ET 8500

I've been told s;y have somehow stopped HD channels from working on these boxes, like movies and sports and the only HD channels are the free to air ones.

Which box would the resident experts recommend?

Will these boxes support 4K?

Thanks in Advance :)

Last edited:
whats your price range do u want sly cable or both twin tuner hdd inside list is endless only 4k is vu solo 4k i know off

I want a box where I can view everything in HD, sly have stopped HD and the quality of of SD on a big screen is not worth watching, if you can recommend a set up that has all SLY in HD
inc movies, sports, box office, premier etc thats what I want.

Used to have VM cable not sure if the line is still. Want something that has a good menu system and maybe something you can put add ons on without slowing the box down, budget 250 max but for that the box would have to be top end performance

whats your price range do u want sly cable or both twin tuner hdd inside list is endless only 4k is vu solo 4k i know off

You can't get HD via sky only cable and IPTV so you'll need to have a VM service like broadband to make sure you can get the TV channels.

virgin cables mainly always live unless unlucky getr the above box does everything u need and hdd inside

Did you mean - you can't get HD on Sly - just the free to air HD channels on Sly?
And you need VM cable, in order to get the all the Sly HD channels

Which essentially means you need a dual box, when you say VM cable do you mean the VM cable for the VM boxes or BroadBand?

You can't get HD via sky only cable and IPTV so you'll need to have a VM service like broadband to make sure you can get the TV channels.

---------- Post Merged at 09:53 PM ----------

Is this the broadband VM cable or the VM cable for the VM boxes? - not sure if have any as stopped using VM years ago, but will check
virgin cables mainly always live unless unlucky getr the above box does everything u need and hdd inside

---------- Post Merged at 10:01 PM ----------

Thanks for the heads up on the ET 8500, I need to check if the VM cable is still physically available or has been removed, if its still there, then ET 8500 could be a good option, but the ZJemma box also has dual capability for Cable/Sky, so could that not be an option?

The problem is thay Sly may well cut off all HD on these boxes, which leaves maybe IPTV as the best option?

What's your view on the IPTV boxes - are these all streaming?

[h=1][/h]
The extrend ET 8500 allows up to 4 tuners so will allow you to have both cable and satellite,check the link below,I have owned all 3 and the extrend is the best but thats my own opinion

Complete box

plete boxXtrend ET8500 Review

1554leslie, I checked and I don't have the VM cable wire anymore, so only option is the Sly cable lead, what would you suggest now? should i go for the GJemma or the Complete Extrend ET8500?

The extrend ET 8500 allows up to 4 tuners so will allow you to have both cable and satellite,check the link below,I have owned all 3 and the extrend is the best but thats my own opinion

Complete box

plete boxXtrend ET8500 Review

Your vm feed is more than likely live i havnt had vm lived here for 2years and still live feed thats your best bet for true hd as iptv is still ropey on the hd in my opinion well english streams seem to be.

only sky have working hd channels with their paired card to box,so other boxes cannot use it on 28.2,motorised dish i can get sky germany in hd speaking english and odd german voice over..
cable yes hd .

xtrend should not be listed with inferior boxes as xtrend are high end boxes.

Back