Zgemma Star H1 Help with setting up an N line

muzicman

I'm using a vix image. Downloaded and activated mgcamd 1.38. Downloaded mg_cfg from this cable forum and copied along with newcamdlist to var/keys

My N line reads CWS = xxxxx.org 12345 pass-1234 1111111 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14.

I've re-scanned channels but no sly channels can be viewed.

Help please

I'm using a vix image. Downloaded and activated mgcamd 1.38. Downloaded mg_cfg from this cable forum and copied along with newcamdlist to var/keys

My N line reads CWS = xxxxx.org 12345 pass-1234 1111111 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14.

I've re-scanned channels but no sly channels can be viewed.

Help please

I think you need to put config files in ETC folder in openvix
usr/keys is in openatv images.

You are right so far, var/keys for N lines using mgcam.

Plus you have changed the front end to CWS = , also correct.

First and easiest reboot the box and router then reactivate the cam (switch on and off).

If the channels don't clear(blank screen) I would download 1.35 and try using that, 1.38a can be a bit hit or miss.

Also, if it doesn't clear then do a software update to the box over the net, it's an option in the menus.

Just for a bit of info if you use a CCcam softcam you would paste your line into a CCcam.cfg file and ftp into the ETC folder,
doesn't matter if it's a C or N line.

Last edited:
Also, if it doesn't clear do a software update to the box over the net, it's an option in the menus..

DONT update VIX image via online/software update..you will soft brick receiver as vix is a patched image.

I have attached the 2 files needed, just open newcamd.list in text editor or noptepad ++ , edit the line and input your server and ftp mg_cfg and newcamd.list to usr/keys (var folder is just a shortcut to usr/keys), once copied over, press your blue button, softcams, select mgcamd and press green to start, or yellow to restart, if it doesnt work then you may need a reboot

View attachment mgcamd files.rar

Got it working. Think it might have been mgcamd 1.38. Now using 1.35. Also ftp'd the files over again. Now got a fully working H1 box, at least on satellite. Thanks to all you guys who take time out to help new owners of enigma boxes.

Must admit I've found it difficult to set up this box and I've spent hours reading through tutorials and threads on this forum. Also experimenting with different images and going through the various menus. However, it's the only way to learn as no-one can hold your hand through every stage. Hard work but you do feel some kind of achievement when it finally works.

Thanks to everyone who helped

zgemma h1

need some help with mgcamd cant seem to get it working got 1.38 installed must be doing something wrong, ive tried entering just the one line cws= also the putting my n line in 5th line but still no joy . any chance someone could send me an idiots guide lol would be much appreaciated and thanks in advance. everything else on box set up and waiting to go . got fta but others just locked

Just got my zgemma. I've installed mgcam via the menu. Is there somewhere to configure this, and should the newcamd.list file already be in place because I've installed the mgcam plugin or do I have to ftp it over? Thanks

Hmm. Bit lost with all of these guide.
Ive copied the files but I'm not confident they're correct. The zgemma forum guide said to put the below in thefile, followed by "your line details". Where do I get my line details?? What is this asking for?

CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
CWS_INCOMING_PORT = 21000
CWS = 192.168.1.1 20000 dummy dummy 10 02 13 04 15 06 17 08 01 10 11 12 13 14 lan server1
CWS_MULTIPLE = 192.168.1.2 20000:20005 dummy dummy 10 02 13 04 15 06 17 08 01 10 11 12 13 14 lan server2
CWS =

Last edited:
The files on the link work forget the ones you have there When you unzip the files and extract them to downloads Open up Newcamd list file delete what is in there apart from CWS = Space either side of =
Remove the N: from your line and copy and paste the rest of line into the file so it now looks like this CWS = your line details 01 02 ect
You now need to FTP both files to the Var/Keys folder
download Mg 138 plugin softcams activate it reboot box
Sent you a PM

Last edited:
Thanks to all on this thread, For the uploads and the guides. I m up and running now after 3 nights of messing around.

Hi all, any help would be appreciated, I think I may have soft bricked my h1? In confusion I think I did update over the Internet, and now it won't recognise any signal down the coax, how can I reset the box? Or is fubarrd! Thanks for any help

sorry for stupid question, i cant view the downloads is it because i need to start a new post ? other than introducing myself ?
Thanks for the effort on this link,

Back