Zgemma Star H2 Virmin Freezing

StrawDog

TK Veteran
hey guys, I wonder if you can help at all, me mates box is freezing all the time, he sent me a video of it and it's all right for about 20 seconds and then freezes on all channels apart from 1 to 5...after about 8 or so seconds it kicks back in, looks like picture break up.

I used to have one but I switched to IPTV (same supplier and it's been top notch for ages)

The "line" supplier says that he hasn't had any other issues so we have checked everything else.

No problems with virmin in his area.
BB fine.
Rebooted modem and box loads of times.
Checked all connections are secure and tightly fitted.

He does have quite an old image on it, I think it's "Zgemma star 2s Vix 3.2.021 sucmnsee full! Backup 02.12.2015" I do have "Andy Mc ATV 6.1" that I'm going to stick on his box at some point (also to sort his audio out the narrative on certain channels that is)

I know when the title of the thread says "frezzing" it's quite a broad topic but I think we have checked everything and also with the supplier agreeing that no one else is complaining I'm a little lost what to do, I do have a yellow cable brick booster that I could send him if it's signal, is there a way to check again on this box as I forgot if there is?

Thanks

try a different line, if it works ok without freezing, the provider is probably the cause, if it's the same, then it probably needs flashing to a newer image as the softcams etc could be outdated

Good call, thanks, thing is I doubt any one will give me a test line for free, he still has 6 or so month to go with his original sub/supplier...guess I could always ask....suppose even if I pay for a few days off them rather than a freebie...

Back