Zgemma Star H2

Ozzo76

Hi Folks,

i'm relatively new to this but I've just bought a h2 box I have it setup & working, when I was setting it up and flashing it trying different backups I download the latest Openvix version 4.0.xxx.xx when I unzipped it & I drilled down into the folder structure in the Zgemma folder I have a folder h3 were other images the folder is sh1, when I tried to flash my box with the latest openvic version it didn't flash, but if I rename the h3 folder to sh1 it'll flash sort of, after flashing when it tries to boot it sticks on boot & doesn't do anything, I then had to use I different older image version which worked and I'm currently using, the version that worked the folder structure is Zgemma>>>sh1>>>

Anyone seen this before or can advise on what I need to do?

thanks
Ozzo

As long as you have formatted your USB and put the Zgemma folder onto the USB stick you shouldn't have a problem unless the usb stick is playing up. Try another Usb stick.

ok no problem, I have tried 2 different usb sticks both do the same think i'll buy myself a new usb stick.

thanks

oh ok lancable, when do you think openvix will be patched for Zgemma boxes?

---------- Post Merged at 09:10 PM ----------

ashley69 the usb stick I used was only 2GB.

Hi Folks,

i'm relatively new to this but I've just bought a h2 box I have it setup & working, when I was setting it up and flashing it trying different backups I download the latest Openvix version 4.0.xxx.xx when I unzipped it & I drilled down into the folder structure in the Zgemma folder I have a folder h3 were other images the folder is sh1, when I tried to flash my box with the latest openvic version it didn't flash, but if I rename the h3 folder to sh1 it'll flash sort of, after flashing when it tries to boot it sticks on boot & doesn't do anything, I then had to use I different older image version which worked and I'm currently using, the version that worked the folder structure is Zgemma>>>sh1>>>

Anyone seen this before or can advise on what I need to do?

thanks
Ozzo

The reason it would not flash properly is because the h3 folder is for H2S and H2H boxes and maybe more. The sh1 folder is used on S, 2S boxes and maybe more. For some reason, it will still try and flash using an incorrect image in a different folder but as you have found you need to work some magic to bring it back to life. I find the OpenATV nightly build will normally do this.

USB sticks have nothing to do with this issue and if it is flashing even if it won fully boot, your usb stick is fine.

Using a hs1 instead of h3 or vice versa is like putting a square peg in a round hole, it isn't meant to be!

Back