1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zgemma star LC box?

Discussion in 'General Cable TV.' started by manmilk04, Dec 3, 2017.

1. 1999gtv

1999gtv TK Veteran

I use filezilla for transfers to all my boxes. Any queries regarding atv setup fire away tomorrow and will try and answer. Can't answer any of the cable related setup though as we have moved to non cable area

2. manmilk04

manmilk04 Member

thanks a lot ile sort it tomorrow, cheers.

3. rago

rago Member

Sorry to hijack post but i have a lc in the kids room and i have tried updating it online and via usb but keep getting a message that i dont have enough space on HD at least 300mb needed would a complete factory reset sort this out or is there an easier way to sort it
    TIA rago

4. grog68

grog68 TK Veteran Forum Supporter

no don't factory reset.

Have you got a usb stick in the box, is it initialised on the box? make sure it's mounted on /media/hdd

5. rago

rago Member

yeah i have a 16gb stick in the back initialised and mounted

6. dazw713

dazw713 Member

literally what would happen if i flashed woosh or grog build onto an lc?

7. grog68

Press the File List button on the remote and it will tell you how much space is available on the usb
    they won't flash as I believe they use a different folder structure in the image.

8. dazw713

dazw713 Member

having trouble getting an image installed on my friends lc.

is it possible i could flash with your current build?

tia

9. 1999gtv

1999gtv TK Veteran

What problem is it you are having getting image installed.

10. rago

rago Member

Can a lc be flashed via filezila cause the life of me i cannot get it to flash with a usb or online

11. 1999gtv

1999gtv TK Veteran

what have you tried so far. Are you using usb stick less than 16gb in size and fully formatted with something like bootice. Have you tried with plain Openatv if so did you extract the zip and go into the zgemma folder and rename the file called noforce to force ( no need to press any button to start flash with file named force).

Damn wrong thread

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  12. rago

rago Member

Yeah I have a 16gb Memory Stick in the back tried doing online flash get message that I need at least 300mb and tried the usb that I have used to flash loads of boxes with and nothing happens just boots up it's starting to annoy more than anything but not urgent its in a bedroom I'll leave it until after xmas an if vm is still around I'll invest in a new 1

13. grog68

if it's like the rest of the boxes, you can create a folder /media/hdd/images on your box and ftp the downloaded image to it (zipped) and then use the flash online function and select 'local'

EDIT: I said unzipped above, that mean to say zipped, ie don't unzip it at all just put the downloaded file on the box

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017 at 4:24 PM
    rago likes this.