ZGemma Star S - Freeview not working

MrThing

Hi guys,

OK so with a virgin build on the ZGemma although I initially get Freeview, after a short time the signals freeze completely.

Does anyone have a fix or can tell me how to set it up so its stable.

This never used to happen with a line but keen to acces the freeview channels.

Don't try an sell me a line, they aren't working.

Please help.

Cheers. Thingy

freeview is by aerial on roof known as dvb/t-no line needed
cable is dvb/c and by vm and only open channels are 1-5.--- other channels need a line.
freesat is dvb/s and all open

What are you using? Cable/Sat, what box?
If it is Freesat you are talking about, all that is needed is a decent signal from your dish to your box. If your picture plays for a bit, then freezes, it would suggest equipment problems.
It really should have nothing to do with the skin you have, or who's build you have.
But on the off chance that while aying about you buggered up a file, why not try reflash your box?

What are you using? Cable/Sat, what box?
If it is Freesat you are talking about, all that is needed is a decent signal from your dish to your box. If your picture plays for a bit, then freezes, it would suggest equipment problems.
It really should have nothing to do with the skin you have, or who's build you have.
But on the off chance that while aying about you buggered up a file, why not try reflash your box?
Hi Wheelo,

OK been using these boxes for ages and I'm not a noob.

Essentially I've seen almost like a small 'Blue Screen of Death' which states 'Fatal Signal.' Then box locks.
This doesn't happen every time, some times it just locks.
The build is from here and the USB formatted with correct tool on FAT32. (http://www.zgemma.tv/index.php?folder=WmdlbW1hLVN0YXItUw )
The box has no line on it, but if the flash doesn't wipe all old files that were in VARKEYS then this could be worth looking into.
Box flashes fine, just has a hissy fit after a few mins.
I don't have to scan auto bouqets etc do I, shouldn't it work straight away no issues?
Had initialised USB and created swap files etc.

Stumped!!

Cheers.

Thing

I would still leave it running ABM, or ABe2 (whichever is on the box) as the channels will sometimes still move.
However, that doesn't explain to me why it freezes sporadically, especially if I am reading it correctly that it freezes indefinitely, and not freezes for a second.
So, is "Essentially I've seen almost like a small 'Blue Screen of Death' which states 'Fatal Signal.' Then box locks." this an accurate description, ie. does it say "fatal signal"? or is that just your turn of phrase?

It does sound quite intriguing, miond you, is there any further information that you can give? To me, it sounds like your 2s might be on it's last legs?

Also, just to clarify - you are on Sat, but using a VM skin? and it is a 2s?

I would still leave it running ABM, or ABe2 (whichever is on the box) as the channels will sometimes still move.
However, that doesn't explain to me why it freezes sporadically, especially if I am reading it correctly that it freezes indefinitely, and not freezes for a second.
So, is "Essentially I've seen almost like a small 'Blue Screen of Death' which states 'Fatal Signal.' Then box locks." this an accurate description, ie. does it say "fatal signal"? or is that just your turn of phrase?

It does sound quite intriguing, miond you, is there any further information that you can give? To me, it sounds like your 2s might be on it's last legs?

Also, just to clarify - you are on Sat, but using a VM skin? and it is a 2s?

hi no the box is a star-s.

I am using the build that is featured directly on the ZGEmma star-s site. I have flashed the USB with BOOTICE.exe

I've got IPTV running on it via IPTV/XtreamTV but even this freezes and locks/glitches.

I don't know how to make it more stable, this has only happened since gigts have gone t!ts up.

Not seen the blue screen of death for a while but that's what was happening.

Last edited:
Back