Zgemma Star S2 stuck on boot

Hi guys, I'm having problems with my new zgemma box, it worked fine to start with but I turned it off after 3 days to wait for my faster broadband to be on, now when I try turning it on the slyk screen shows up and the box goes to channel 49 but then the box just switches off again.

Hi guys im new here i got zgemma hs with vix when i put my box on deep standby and start the box is stuck in the boot mode then i restart my box and its working is soemthing wrong with my box or is it normal
and could anyone tell me how can i write or open a thread thank you

It appears that if Sucmnsee software is installed, to obtain the Sly skin, then the Openvix plugins wont download. Official Zgemma updates wont appear either. Also in my case any attempt to update causes the Zgemma to freeze. If that is the situation then download everything that you need before you install Sucmnsee. For example drivers for a gongle should be installed from Openvix plugins before installing any unofficial Zgemma software. Apart from that, if the Zgemma is not working properly then reinstall the latest Zgemma official software,
start afresh, not forgetting to reformat your memory stick first. I suspect that in some respects unofficial software is incompatible with the Zgemma and it may well be a good idea to reinstall afresh every few months with the latest Zgemma image. This only takes 10 to 15 minutes so why battle for hours with situations that cannot be resolved!

heads wrecked

I am on the verge of divorce , bought a brand new zgemma star s , tried the same with the formatting , several usb sticks , nothing , i tried a factory restore now the box is in limbo , will do nothing , just scroll through digits over and over . i have tried it with no HDMI , with HDMi , no Ethernet , etc etc , Its just stuck now scrolling through digits , I am at my wits end now , between usb sticks and the box I have paid over 150 quid and spent two days on a pc , I am mad as hell .

Felinefrenzy. If you have factory reset the box won't start again until flashed with a working firmware.

Firstly, go to the zgemma official website and download one of the firmwares for your box.

Updates Zgemma Star Series - Index of: home/

Deep format a small USB stick to fat 32 using either diskpart run as an administrator in Windows or using a program called HD guru. Personally I prefer the first method. Seems more complicated but every usb I use with this method works perfectly afterwards.

Copy the firmware you have just downloaded to the USB. Insert into the rear port (2s) or front port (H2S) and boot your box and it should display flsh and then eventually boot into the firmware you have downloaded.

This will get the box out of the bootloop.

Now, download the correct wooshbuild for your box. Note that they are different for a 2s or an H2S. Make sure you have correct one as the other simply won't flash.

Shut down your zgemma and put the usb with new wooshbuild in rear socket and boot it up again. If it flashed the earlier firmware it will flash woosh so long as it's the correct one in the correct format.

Make sure there is nothing else on the usb stick and no other drives are plugged into the box.

Totally agree with asmad now using wooshbuild on my H2S and working great with no hogs no reboots for 2 months will be changing my 2S from Sucmnsee to wooshbuild next!!

I had mine stuck on reboot screen but was able to access menus but no channels. I did yellow button on remote and restarted cam and it worked again. Just in case this helps anyone.

Back