Zgemma & TalkTalk Fibre Broadband - Rubbish so far [emoji19]

stewd

Finally joined the 21st century last week when my TalkTalk Fibre broadband service was installed.
I have a subscription for all the usual channels etc. Recommended by a longstanding TK member.
My speeds on broadband are in the 70Mbps range.

The Zgemma is hard wired to the router.

I am unable to watch any IPTV channel of any quality, i.e. FHD, HD or SD without choppy playback. The higher the quality of the stream the worse the breakup on the channel. Even VOD is choppy and unwatchable.

My provider has suggested that TalkTalk are throttling my connection as they are detecting IPTV traffic. Yet everything else in the house like Steam on PC, XBox and YouTube on laptops. I understand that none of these devices are IPTV.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to check / do to improve things ?

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your provider must be over subscribed then if your other steaming is ok ?
I'm on talktalk my iptv is fine and I only get average 25meg ?

Thanks for the swift replies
Can they identify IPTV traffic ? Before fibre arrived I had 5-7Mbps and the IPTV was much better with only slight choppiness which I put down to the slower connection speed.

I am on talk talk 40 mb fibre broadband, and my IPTV is fine. Login to your talk talk account make sure home safe is turned off, or check on your router. Also your router maybe faulty.

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

Okay thanks for that suggestion...
I have a D-Link D-3782 router that is very user unfriendly with little in the way of configuration options.
I have other routers which I will try instead...

So up in the morning.... turned off Homesafe on TalkTalk web site. There is not choppiness at all now. But I turned it back on to see if it restarted but again no choppiness or break up.
What's the consensus ? Is it conincidence ? Or is it more likely to be something else ?

Will try an alternative router later once there's no one in to complain that the internet has stopped

Thanks... it's beginning to look like an oversubscribed provider [emoji849]

Westland... can I confirm you're with TalkTalk ?? Thanks

TalkTalk Lines take 7-10 days to settle on the best Line Profile for you (DLM). Keep Homesafe off and it will settle down.

So a few days further on and a new sub provider had appeared to fix the problems I was having..
A test period of 12 hours without a single glitch had me signing up.
I wiped my box and started afresh.
Have signed up for 3 months now and am experiencing glitching and unwatchable channels and streams from VOD....
[emoji849]
Is there a sure fire way to avoid this ??
Apart from signing back up to Sky..

Is there buffering options buried within the Zgemma ?

[emoji849] you think TalkTalk are messing with my connection ? Every other type of streaming is perfect

So I've replaced my router with a VDSL TP-Link W8970 which has a very comprehensive set of options.
The TalkTalk router was almost unconfigurable (if that's a real word)

I have set a protrected bandwidth for the IP of my Zgemma and the box is working a treat since.

It even has an IPTV page of menus.

Hopefully my troubles are now behind me. Tonight will tell when all the Xboxes, iPads and Computers get used by the rest of the family.

Back