Zgemma tune failed message

Rabby77

Hi have a zgemma 2s with a 12 monther set up by a guy I know, WAS working ok for about a week then it started coming up with "tune failed" for half the channels like BBC, ITV etc. Sky sports and movies were ok and I could view them. Now the missing channels come and go sometimes they come on then go off especially when I turn the box off then back on again. It's running on vix with the sky blue hd skin. Before anyone asks I've done the following, powered off box and restarted, updated bouquets to 28.2e, set sly for my area and updated bouquets, restarted softcam manager, swapped the 2 cables at the back over and back again. The only way I get the channels back is going into Menu-setup-service searching-tuner configuration and changing the setting for tuner A (anything) then changing it back to the way it was, THEN ALL channels return, I tested the old sky box's signal from my dish and it's getting 90% odd signal strength. When I turn the box off for any length of time it goes to tuner failed when I turn it back on and I have to muck about with the tuner config setting to get them back on. Also, and I don't know if it's related, the little green arrow is flashing as if there is an update available but when I asks to update it looks as if it installs the updates but on restart the green arrow is still flashing. It's driving me round the Fkn bend as I'm getting gip from my brood because the channels don't work, well somethimes!! Any help?? Seems like a software issue or something fk fknows, cheers.

Firstly Keep powering your box down You may loose channels if frequencies move Your box may be set to update channels in the morning and if they have moved you will get this Best to just put in stand by
Also make sure you are getting signal on both tuners Menu ,setup, service searching, satfinder
Make sure you have updates turned off As Vix is a patched Version

Soz to be a pest but how do I do this?? I'm all new to it, I've pestered the guy who gave me the box a dozen times since I got it but he hasn't a clue what's wrong with it, I think he got the box from someone else so his knowledge is limited. it means phoning him again and I don't want to keep bugging him. I don't want to lose the line if I fk about with a software reset, will I lose the blue hd interface skin also, sorry I'm a total bloody noob.

---------- Post Merged at 01:16 PM ----------

Ps sometimes I'm losing the channels even if I don't turn it off for example when I go into filelist to watch something I've recorded, when I'm finished watching I go back to the EPG and some of the channels are tune failed again. So keeping the box on won't always work as it loses them randomly even when it's on.

Have you checked your sat signal for both tuners ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ftp to box copy your line and flash it again should cure it I personally only had it happen to me once and reflashing the box.did the trick

This is not a firmware problem its a tuner issue as Tich as said above have you checked the signal on both tuners, also do you have another box using the same LNB in another room if so turn that box off and see if you or still getting tuner failed message on your zgemma box.

If you are not getting a good signal on both tuners your box will not update as a bad signal and give the tune failed message it is easier to go through the basics before a reflash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi back again was out earlier, ok got all the channels at the moment and I did what u said and checked the signal strength on both tuners b4 I try and reflash the box. Tuner A is showing SNR bouncing around about 45/50% AGC is 98% BER is 0 and the db value is about 7.5%. Tuner B is
SNR 45% AGC is 55% BEC is 0 and db is on 8.0 is this my problem?? Or should it still work ok with these values?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 137
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 191
Your signal is low that will be why you getting tune failed if possible try adjusting your dish very slightly It will be slightly lower on tuner B

Your SNR needs to be higher around 65 to 75, as Tich as mentioned slight adjustment of your dish while keeping your tv on the signal finder screen and getting someone to watch and tell you of the changes. also if you have a large tree or obstruction in the line of your dish this could give the same poor signal result.

Think I might have fixed it, when I changed the cables around to try them the other way the other day I didn't do a scan for the channels ie update the bouquets, so I made the ends of the cables off again and swapped them over and low and behold after a scan the SNR etc were up at 90% odd. So I hope and pray that this was the problem everything seems ok at the moment if it goes again then it looks like the box need reflashed but hopefully I don't need to go down that route thanks for the help! :drum:

Why are you posting this in General chat rabby77 when there is a zgemma section? :no no: :binoculars:

Moved.

Back