zgemma turning off router

My current setup is a zgemma h2h box with VM. My query relates to my internet going down and wonder if this is related to my VM box. I have VM broadband and tv. The VM cable comes into the wall and from there it splits.

One cable to the VM router and one cable to the Zgemma box, connected to the router via ethernet. This setup has worked fine for the past 7 months and no problems with channels.

Last week my router stopped working and we had no internet and consequently no TV. The VM man came out this morning and I removed my zgemma box before. He replaced the router and got things up and running again.

He said the reason the internet went down was the following.

He said that because the VM cable to the TV was left unplugged (in reality it is normally plugged to the zgemma box) it was causing “noise” on the line which can disrupt local people’s internet. Consequently our internet was turned off because of the noise. He has suggested that we keep the VM TV cable plugged into our normal VM box so that the cable does not pick up noise.

Is he right? My concern is that the zgemma box creates noise and consequently switched off our internet? Has anyone else has this problem and does anyone have any recommendations.

Thanks for your advice in advance.

More likely to be your mg_cfg file in /usr/keys/ if you're using an N line.
There's a good one in the downloads section if you want to put that one on instead.

Yes it's the right one. Some mg_cfg files were flooding the network by trying to constantly send log files to an IP address that no longer exists.
I'm not saying that this was definitely the problem but it's an easy fix to try and see how you go with it.

Can't hurt to try it.
The OP hasn't been on the forum since posting so we can only assume his problem is sorted.

Back