Cable Zgemma upstairs

villa2010

Hi guys. I have a zgemma h7 downstairs but I’m looking at getting all my channels upstairs on the bedroom tv. What’s the best way??? I can get cables from downstairs easy enough. I have an older zegemma box not being used I could use. Because I want to able to change the change from bedroom. Don’t really want to use wireless senders as I can get cables to point easy enough. Any help would be great.

you need a VM cable running to bedroom and a LAN cable from the router also to the bedroom, you can get long LAN cables from B&Q quite cheap, i've been using one (clipped to brickwork outside) for about 7 years without a problem

you need a VM cable running to bedroom and a LAN cable from the router also to the bedroom, you can get long LAN cables from B&Q quite cheap, i've been using one (clipped to brickwork outside) for about 7 years without a problem
I’ve already got internet in bedroom for PS4 so can split that nonprobs where do I take the virgin feed from? And I take it ur saying use the spare zgemma I have

If you have a samsung / lg smart tv upstairs, you can put an app on that to view what's on your zgemma.

You could also hook up another zgemma with cable tuner and connect it as a secondary box and get another line or ask your current line provider about multi-room.

I’ve already got internet in bedroom for PS4 so can split that nonprobs where do I take the virgin feed from? And I take it ur saying use the spare zgemma I have

Yes if the other ZG is a cable box, use that.
You'll need to take a feed from the downstairs splitter, which may mean changing it from a 2 way to a 3 way splitter.
Use good quality splitter and cables otherwise it won't work

If you generally have a free tuner on the H7 you can use client mode.
You would only need a network cable to the upstairs box.

I thought doing it that way you could only watch the channel coming through the downstairs box?
is it possible to change channels upstairs using this method?

Oils u give me a bit more info on this way. I’ve got a spare cable on box. And I’ve got a network cable in bedroom but it’s from the router.

I thought doing it that way you could only watch the channel coming through the downstairs box?
is it possible to change channels upstairs using this method?
No if you have more than one tuner main box will use one client box will use the second tuner.

If you only have one tuner on the main box then you will need to use the channels on the same transponder or use second box when main box is in standby.

As dsayers says, the upstairs box will use a spare tuner on the main box. You can change channels normally.
A big advantage is that the slave box pulls in channel list and epg from the main box and it doesn't need a softcam as decoding is done on the main box.

Back