Zgemma USB Wireless Adaptor options

Burlesy

TK Veteran
Just a quick question regarding a wireless adapter for a zgemma h5.

Can't use homeplugs the router isn't on the same electricity band.
usually I would but I'm left with no choice but to use a wireless adapter.
I get full bars on my phone where the zgemma is placed. Now I just need to find a good wireless adaptor which will pick up the signal.

Is there much choice or is there only a few which are compatible?
Also, drivers... the h5 is on openvix.... any other info needed just shout :)

the old wifi adapters for sky boxes work fine aswell, you might need to se a sky box to set it up with, but then its just a case of swapping the leads over

were they 150mbs ? I went for a 300mbs, not sure if it would make much difference, I'm not a fan of wifi connections as it is so I wanted the best possible

plugged it straight in and it worked with my with the zgemma openvix stock image, no additional drivers needed. (I did notice that it already had a wifinetwork driver installed), didn't even need to restart. Would highly recommend using this wifi adaptor. Even streamed iptv with it on my xtrend from a fair distance. Impressed to say the least

I think wifi adaptors have an unnecessary bad rep. Yes, it's not hard wired - but if you know how to correctly setup a wifi network including the physical environment then it shouldn't cause any issues. Unfortunately, most people use a standard ISP router then have the box itself tucked away which will really affect the wifi signal. Then instantly say wifi is rubbish without thinking about it logically.

Agreed Biohead. I'll admit my self i was sceptical about wifi adaptors. Now im convinced they aren't all that bad, just get an adaptor which is capable of AC or N dual band then you will hardly experience any problems.
I tested the wifi adaptor on a standard ISP router which is a good 10 meters away and still managed it very well. I'm not sure if there is any 5ghz adaptors which are compatible with enigma2 STB? that would be ideal

I presume this would work with a h.2s also? Going to be setting one up for my brother and he has the same situation where home plugs cant be used - different electrical circuit in a second floor apartment..

Drivers for that WiFi adapter was on the stock openvix images big chance they will be covered

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Back