zgemma web interface

marts

hi all is there some kind of web interface i can use to turn the channels over on the box when i am not at home strange request i know what it is a have a slingbox but there is no remote for a zgemma supported so i can watch the box when im not at home but cannot turn over channels

Setup port forwarding on router for the zgemma and then you type in external ip with the port to access it (not ip of network device ie 192.168)

whats the port that needs to be opened for zgemma also how would you type this in please would it be for instance 81.134.123.54/5001 like that

---------- Post Merged at 09:37 PM ----------

sorted that now whats the best program to use to stream

Last edited:
I found that I had to stream it to a PC with a good graphics card, then from the PC using VLC media player to stream externally, you will need at least a 5Mb upload or you will see buffering, HTH

The Openwebif default port is 80. I use this to stream on my LAN and change channel etc. You can change the default port this uses on the box. If you've used a pre-made image from this site you should find this is ready to go for you http://boxip. Creds are defined by the root admin/pass but HTTP security needs to be enabled on Openwebif in the settings on the box. So you should find you get straight in here.

If you want to access outside then like said above, you'll need to port forward. I wouldn't leave port 80 as default but change this and enable HTTP security on Openwebif and create a root password using Putty.

Back