Zgemma with vpn router?

Lfckopite

Hi all I'm new to all this so sorry if it's Been answered before. I'm thinking of getting a h5 2tc but don't know if it will work through a vpn router and also will the iptv work with a connection speed of 5 meg? Just don't want virmin knowing anything I'm upto

Make sure the service you sign up with uses your MAC address of your H5 2TC and that way, it shouldn't matter what IP address you use.

I have seen people take the devices they use to stream IPTV on holiday as the service they are signed up to uses the MAC address for authentication.

Can you clarify, is it your internet connection is 5 meg or the speed you get once the VPN has kicked it?

Most VPN's do throttle your overall connection speed so if you have 5 meg to start with then you may struggle....

Wow, what router are you using?
Who's the vpn provider?
Have you the option of changing vpn servers, some are better than others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My router is linksys e2500 with pia I have tried all different servers and settings but never get more than 5 meg

Check what size processor is in the router and if it's single or dual core.
It be worth upgrading to a higher spec router. Your router may be slowing things down going through the VPN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok will do thanks for your help
You are best off not running the vpn on the router if it can't provide much speed via openvpn... instead turn off the openvpn client on the router and you can run the openvpn client on the ZGEMMA itself it will be much faster at the expense of some processor time(should be fine). I've never set it up on the ZGEMMA but I've seen it in the network services menu and I imagine it's much like setting it up on any other device, there's probably guides on here already.

Back