zgemmah2h dead?

hambone

hi guys im sorry but I need a bit of help.
a friend of mine gave me a zgemma which had been offline for a while.
I took it and hooked it up to my setup up and it worked fine but then I tried to update via the menu and now it is stuck on boot.
I tried the latest open atv image via usb but it will not boot.
please tell me there is a way to revive it because its not my box?
there was allegedly an openvix image on it which I suspect wasn't the case as it seems updating via the remote has caused it to fail.
any help or inpu would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
ham

thanks for the help guys I have managed to get open atv 6.2 to flash on the box - I used a new usb stick and it worked straight away.
I am now trying to get it set up for my m8 but it seems to be configured for sat. he had an openvix image on it which I think was a patched version as I don't think they support these boxes? so what im trying to do now is get it set up for vm any pointers greatly appreciated and thanks again for the help guys.

you can set it up for cable if you have a live VM cable coming into the house, you'll need an F connector that screws onto the incoming cable then pushes into the RF socket on the H2h
Set the DVB-c tuner up to scan virginmedia (all systems)
and scan for channels
you'll need a test line to view premium channels

you can set it up for cable if you have a live VM cable coming into the house, you'll need an F connector that screws onto the incoming cable then pushes into the RF socket on the H2h
Set the DVB-c tuner up to scan virginmedia (all systems)
and scan for channels
you'll need a test line to view premium channels
thanks Pablo
I have vm set up in my house.
basically what I have done is disconnect my box (vu+duo2) which I have running openvix and connected to server using mgcamd.
I put my friends box on and put my line into it and I worked fine but then when I tried to update the software via the menu it got stuck on boot.
I have now got the openatv image on it but would like to try and get a specific vm only image on it or if there is a compatable openvix image so I can set it up for him to run autobouquets maker etc so he just plugs and plays as he isn't technically minded in any way. I am getting another line from my provider when I get it up and running but as I say I basically would like to hand it back to him pretty much as it was only with an updated image and a new connection to my provider if that makes any sense?

that makes perfect sense yes.
Best way to achieve this is to follow @Graham19811981 advice above and to put grgbuild freerange on the box
it has ABM and sets up the tuners, installs a skin (i recomend V-skin red, option 8 when choosing skins) and scans for channels. it has 'add a line' plugin where you can put a test line in easily
you install it via openwebif on the laptop/pc

grogg free-range or wooshbuild infinity are both good images that will work well on your system, both are ATV based so system updates can be performed 99% of the time without bricking your system, IF you are a VM customer you will/may need a two way splitter, 2 lengths of VM cable, one F-type connector to be able to connect everything up properly, if you are not a VM customer but have had VM connected to the property before the connection may still be live & available for use in which case you will only need one VM cable & an F-type connector.

Best way to achieve this is to follow @Graham19811981 advice above and to put grgbuild freerange on the box
it has ABM and sets up the tuners, installs a skin (i recomend V-skin red, option 8 when choosing skins) and scans for channels. it has 'add a line' plugin where you can put a test line in easily
You can also use webif on your iPhone now, I always use it now instead pulling laptop out especially when you got kids, smashing the keys on it lol:(y):

Best to not update images via the box as always seems to mess things up. Best to back up your settings and if ever you need to update the image you can , and then just restore your settings from a backup.

followed it and all is good up and running many thanks:emoji_(y):

You can also use webif on your iPhone now, I always use it now instead pulling laptop out especially when you got kids, smashing the keys on it lol:(y):
thanks m8 Im a bit old school myself so did it with laptop and the openwebif worked well - im only used to openvix methods on vu+ so this was all a bit strange to me but I got great help

thanks m8 Im a bit old school myself so did it with laptop and the openwebif worked well - im only used to openvix methods on vu+ so this was all a bit strange to me but I got great help
No worries mate glad you got it sorted, these techkings helped me out no end

Hi guys, hoping you can help me here. I have an H2H which was offline for about 1 year I plugged it back in and I get the word "boot" along with a red light on the front display. I have downloaded the latest image but not had any joy getting the box to start. Tried several USB sticks all low level formatted. When I put the image onto the USB and put it in the box it says "FLSH" for a couple of minutes then goes back to "boot" I have been trying everything I can find on the forums but no joy. Would I best scrapping this box and looking for a new one?

Hi guys, hoping you can help me here. I have an H2H which was offline for about 1 year I plugged it back in and I get the word "boot" along with a red light on the front display. I have downloaded the latest image but not had any joy getting the box to start. Tried several USB sticks all low level formatted. When I put the image onto the USB and put it in the box it says "FLSH" for a couple of minutes then goes back to "boot" I have been trying everything I can find on the forums but no joy. Would I best scrapping this box and looking for a new one?
I would try a few times as fairly reliable boxes.Check power supply maybe and just check you have the correct image (FOR THE H AND NOT S) https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&prev=search&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&sl=de&sp=nmt4&u=http://images.mynonpublic.com/openatv/current/index.php?open=zgemmah2h&xid=17259,15700021,15700186,15700191,15700248&usg=ALkJrhjisixCjI1VmKEOF0t0nrSRb6ZqiA

Back