ZGemmaH5.2TC. Connection Issues Maybe?

I set up the box yesterday and added a 24hrs test line which worked immediately. Added the line file over the network from my laptop and put into correct place in root. As I said watching all channels glitch free yesterday. Last night switched off. This morning switched back on at plug and after a bit of messing about got sly sports hd. It then froze and I've not been able to watch anything apart from the free 1-5 channels. 1 thing I notice....I can no longer see the zgemma box on my network via the laptop and I could yesterday. I'm sure I have seen some 'no network connection' errors whilst I've been rescanning, restarting network etc. Any help would be appreciated to first be able to see this box on my network and then is it my box or the line down??

Go into the network submenu and do a network test - you probably don't have an internet connection.

Seeing if any lights are coming on at the rear ethernet port may also confirm this too.

just restarted cccam. it shows active.

One thing I do notice, which might not be related at all is when I go to menu>setup>system>network> and hit device setup it gives a blue screen and says box encountered a software error and then it reboots?

I can now see the zgemma box on my laptop by restarting the ftp...I think that's what I did anyway its back on.

also epg list is different to last night there looks to be miles more channels including the irish ones but there is no slysports hd? definitely there last night, different order of channels and I think more channels?

thanks for your assistance with this. i'll keep checking

Last edited:
sorry just to update...when I said its back on above...what I meant is that the zgemma box is now displayed on my network on my laptop... I still can only view sd channels 1-5. apologies for any confusion?

By the way Ste...I followed your setup guide yesterday...it was great and it was very straightforward and like I said all was very easy to set-up yesterday...but today...not a clue whats happened.

There's probably a few steps you've missed on the guide - you're not the first :grin:

Have you restarted the cam in softcam panel?

Gentlemen, just to update. I've rebooted the box again and also the router and this has solved it. Not sure why rebooting the router would make a difference but its all working now.

I'd also like to understand why when I go to menu>setup>system>network> and hit device setup it gives a blue screen and says box encountered a software error and then it reboots?
any help with the understanding of whether other peoples boxes also do this?

thanks for your help guys much appreciated.

Rebooting the box would have restarted the cam most likely which is why channels have come back on... a simple restart of the cam in softcam panel would have done this as instructed in my last post.

Are all channels still all over the place?

The channels are in the same order as yesterday now with slysports hd back.

One thing I do notice is that even though it wasn't working earlier there were different channels in the epg compared with what I have now, for example the epg list earlier showed the irish sports channels but no sly sports hd. That's also got me wondering if different vm line providers have different channels?

I believe you'll only get the Irish channel variant if you live in ROI.

Check you've got Autobouquetsmaker set up correctly with providers / correct area etc.

When you powered the box off last night, did you do it via the menu system and do 'deep standby' or did you just put into standby and then unplug?

You MUST use deep standby to reduce the chance of anything getting corrupted. When in standby the box is still on and could be doing something as you powered off.

Also remember that generally the epg and abm etc normally update every morning, if your box is powered off these wont update.

grog68 would you recommend just putting into standby with remote at night. leaving switched on at plug?
also what should happen if you press 'device set up' in menu>setup>system>network ?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

grog68 would you recommend just putting into standby with remote at night. leaving switched on at plug?
also what should happen if you press 'device set up' in menu>setup>system>network ?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Yes, I always tell my customers to leave in standby with remote.
Device setup should present a 'Network Setup' menu. (On ATV based setups at least)

This is the problem I think which has started this all off. I just went to and pressed device set up again and its blue screened and rebooted and now channels have gone. I think I need to put back to factory settings and start from scratch installing wooshbuild. I think turing off last night probably damaged software.
what do you think and how easy is it to put back to condition of the boxes arrival?

No need to factory reset, just reflash wooshbuild. If you have wooshbuild already on your box, press Green button and select WB Config, then at the bottom of the list of options you should see a 'reflash wooshbuild' option.

Back