Zgemmas 2S - second tuner failed...

MrShades

I'm pretty certain that the 2nd DVB-S tuner on my Zgemma has failed. I won't go into the detail about how/why/if I've diagnosed this, as it's fairly lengthy - but I'm pretty confident that the second tuner has failed.

I've currently got it set to "Disabled" so that the box and OpenATV actually work OK - but I'm obviously limited in use as I only have one tuner.

The failed one is the 2nd tuner - Tuner B - or the one that's on the daughter board.

Question is...

As it's the tuner on the daughter board - are these tuner modules available as spare parts? Could I remove the existing one and resolder a new one..... or is my only option to cut my losses and buy a complete new Zgemma box?

Any help appreciated.

In the year i have been on this site i can only recall one person having a blown tuner. What makes you so sure your tuner is dead.

Was it set up to the correct satelite in tuner config.

Have you checked the coax endings. A stray wire can total blank out 1 or both tuners. First call is re-end the fconnectors correctly.

Have you checked the cables at the dish

Have just tried one cable in tuner b, with your preferences set to auto or b.

(reboot required to switch tuners)

Are you sure tuner b wasnt exactly in use and therefore unavailable for

As I said, I don't really want to go into all the details.... but it was working fine (for the last year) and now it's not. I've tried everything - and every check I make gives me the same answer - it's the tuner module and not the cable (obviously have swapped them) or software (have even reflashed to Woosh (with OpenATV 5.1) to see if it made any difference - was on OpenATV 4.2 to start wit (when I first noticed it failed).

Just to show further, I've just swapped my known good cable from tuner A to tuner B, and set tuner A to "not configured" and tuner B to "Astra 28.2E", etc. - and I get the following (with 0 found when I scan):

025263ced51b1b79b9974707193af156.jpg

you can always ask air digital about spare parts.

their English site is zgemma.org. They are supposedly very good at getting back to you via email.

(you never know they might send you a new box)

---------- Post Merged at 02:32 PM ----------

and on your screen shot you are only scanning the one frequency. Change the tune tab.

you can always ask air digital about spare parts.

their English site is zgemma.org. They are supposedly very good at getting back to you via email.

(you never know they might send you a new box)

---------- Post Merged at 02:32 PM ----------

and on your screen shot you are only scanning the one frequency. Change the tune tab.

Thanks - I may well try them.

Scan: If I plug the other cable in to Tuner A and scan that frequency then I get Channel 4, etc. etc. -so I know there's something there.... and it at least tuner A locks on with an SNR displayed... not just 0%, 0%, 0% which is all I get on B now.

Pretty sure it's screwed!

change the tune option. It should say full satellite or something like that, I cant remember of the top of my head.

The only options are "Predefined transponder" - which is that one... or "User defined transponder" - which then allows you to specifically set the transponder to tune to and scan.

---------- Post Merged at 02:48 PM ----------

Ah - you're thinking about the "Manual Scan" menu, where you do get other options (such as "Single satellite"). I'm in "Signal finder" - and you only get the two options.

Back