Zgemma's work sweet on WiFi

I've seen lots of comments on various forums stating Zgemma's cant work with a WiFi network connection properly, I can assure you all they do! Just google the openbox wifi dongle and these all work fine!

Always knew it worked on wifi, but way better using network/home plug. Or Ethernet if possible.
wifi should be last resort

its not a case of wifi doesn't work...its a case of there is that many wifi dongles out there, it's finding the right driver to download in plugins if the dongle you use doesn't work with the default ones already installed.
As this can be a needle in a haystack trying to advice people, it is an easier solution just to say use direct Ethernet or use home plugs.

Plus as you need constant internet access, a wired network is always going to be more stable than a wifi network.

Yes a direct ethernet connection is always the better solution for a box, as W-Fi uses 2.4Ghz its more liable to interference from other devices making your connection to the line server unstable which in turn will make your line glitchy and then you'll be moaning at your line provider when really its your Wi-Fi

Latency and ping times are much better on direct connection to router and homeplugs than wifi hence why people suggest those first.

wifi would be my last option and as homeplugs are only £20 a set for those that can direct connect it's usually worth few extra quid over the wifi adaptors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey I'm new to this and thanks for everyone's posts and advice, all appreciated and taken on board. The one counter argument I would make is that WiFi and associated tech have moved on a lot over the past couple of years coinciding with the advent of superfast broadband and applications like Netflix; also the cost associated with a WiFi .setup on a Zgemma are also much lower with a dongle costing less than £5

Hey I'm new to this and thanks for everyone's posts and advice, all appreciated and taken on board. The one counter argument I would make is that WiFi and associated tech have moved on a lot over the past couple of years coinciding with the advent of superfast broadband and applications like Netflix; also the cost associated with a WiFi .setup on a Zgemma are also much lower with a dongle costing less than £5

Of course your point is valid and no one was suggesting otherwise, all members try to do is point out that through experience and lots of headaches the best choice is a direct wired connection but everyone setup is different, Wi-Fi may work perfectly for you but I know on my setup Wi-Fi is a nightmare.

I suppose it also has to do with how good your router's wifi signal is. I wouldn't have trusted doing it on my old Sky router because the wifi had about as much go as an asthmatic pit pony. But the signal from my Talktalk router is much better, so I might give wifi a try on my H2S, just for shits and giggles. lol

Back