ZgemmaStar2s OpenATV 4.2 31.01.2015 mtpockets

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtpockets

TK Veteran
THIS THREAD IS OUT OF DATE - PLEASE VIEW THE LINK BELOW TO DOWNLOAD THE LATEST MTPOCKETS OPENATV 4.2 BACKUP

http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-2s/68472-mtpockets-openatv4-2-zgemma-star-2s-20150403-a.html

THE NEW THREAD THAT COVERS THE LATEST MTPOCKETS OPENATV 4.2 BACKUP IS HERE....

http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-2s/68472-mtpockets-openatv4-2-zgemma-star-2s-20150403-a.html

THE BELOW THREAD CONTAINS OUT OF DATE INFO PLEASE DON'T POST HERE....

[STRIKE]Hi Guys,

Backup of OpenATV 4.2 configured for the Zgemma Star 2s (will also work on the h1) (NOT FOR IBOX!)

This is a supported build so over the air updates to the image are safe in terms of it won't brick your box. :woohoo:
(as with all updates though occasionally new bugs happen while others get fixed!).

This is configured for clines in CCcam.cfg, but mgcamd is easy to set up for n lines as are other softcams. (use Tspanel, Softcams to install)

You will need a USB pen drive (4gb minimum) for flashing.

This build also requires a USB pen drive that will live in the box permanently (again 4gb minimum) but can be the same one, just requires a quick format after flashing.

Added to the raw build.....

cross epg setup to hdd
auto bouquets & service scanning set to SD (still has all available HD channels)
Custom boot logos and "Blue HD" sky look skin (on top of Matrix)
mediaportal,
ondemand (only ITV player, RTE player and Radio currently working for UK so remainder disabled),
TSMedia 8.4 – A lot not working as usual but loads that do! Worth having for movies and IPTV.
TSpanel,
OpenWebif,
Picon Manager,
Picture player,
Media scanner,
Click the below hyperlink to download (I tried uploading to the forum but the file is too large so Mods I hope this is ok :beg:)
LINK REMOVED UNTIL PROBLEM WITH SECOND TUNER AND EPG RESOLVED SORRY GUYS

Instructions
:

To Flash

1) Extract the downloaded file and copy the zgemma folder to your fat32 formatted usb drive.
2) Turn off your zgemma box.
3) Insert your USB pen drive in the rear port of your zgemma.
4) Power up the box and allow it to boot up – This should take between 3-15 minutes to flash and MAY say FLASH on front when flashing. occasionally when flashing the front panel may remain blank, just give it 15 minutes in case as IT MAY STILL BE FLASHING.

NB If the box boots straight up without flashing it's usually down to a usb drive formatting / partition issue so please ask in the forum for help :-)

Once flashing is complete the box will prompt you to reboot choose no! – make sure to remove your USB drive that has the zgemma folder on it and delete this folder or give it a quick format if you are going to use this same drive in the box permanently, alternatively remove and insert your second USB pen drive.

Steps to take after flashing.

1) Initialise your USB pen drive.....(Blue Button, Harddisk, Initialisation) then
(Convert Ext3 to Ext4)

2) Now check it's mounted.... (Mounts, Device Manager, Green Button, Blue Button, Exit on remote then red button)

3) add your line ;-)
If you need help with this look/ask in the forum.

4) Now to change to your local region.....
(Menu, Setup, Service Searching, AutoBouquetsMaker, AutoBouquetsMaker Providers and change where it's currently set as Granada, Green Button)

5) Create your Autobouquet – you only have to do this one time!
(Menu, Setup, Service Searching, AutoBouquetsMaker, Delete bouquets, Yes, Start Scan)

6) Create USB swapfile - 256mb
(Menu, InfoPanel, Plugins, SwapManager,) Don't forget to choose activate and autostart

7) Picons - Optional
(Menu, Plugins, PiconManager) You should be able to suss out what to do here – make sure picons are saved to USB/disk not the box!

8) REBOOT BOX.....(Menu, Standby/Restart, Restart, OK button)

This is my first post of a pre-built image, I hope it saves you a lot of hassle and head scratching! Please let me know if you'd like to see any changes or if the instructions
need amending (they make sense to me but that means nothing!)

If you like the build please press thanks.[/STRIKE]

If you find the post useful please press like

Last edited:
Will have a go at this this week dude. Thanks for the effort of putting its all together for everyone. 'spect ;)

Forgot to mention and it just came up in another thread - this build is different to the one that ships from the manufacturer which had problems sometimes with booting up. This will boot every time :woohoo:

I don't have the H1 or VM but would guess you'll need to go to Menu, Setup, Service Searching, Tuner configuration and change so you have 1 dvb-s tuner and one dvb-c tuner showing (It's currently configured for the S2 (2xDVB-S).

Then from the same menu Autobouquets Maker, and enable VM then start scan

For the EPG press Menu, Setup, CrossEPG, XMLTV Providers then go right down to the bottom of the list and select Rytec Virgin UK XMLTV press the yellow button and then green once downloaded. (The epg may not update until 4am I'm not sure?)

I'm hoping there'll be another VM user who can confirm..... so wish I had cable here... not likely though.

Last edited:
Ok thanks for that great tutorial by the way easy to follow sky works great

I don't have the H1 or VM but would guess you'll need to go to Menu, Setup, Service Searching, Tuner configuration and change so you have 1 dvb-s tuner and one dvb-c tuner showing (It's currently configured for the S2 (2xDVB-S).

Then from the same menu Autobouquets Maker, and enable VM then start scan

For the EPG press Menu, Setup, CrossEPG, XMLTV Providers then go right down to the bottom of the list and select Rytec Virgin UK XMLTV press the yellow button and then green once downloaded. The epg will probably not update straight away.

I'm hoping there'll be another VM user who can confirm..... so wish I had cable here... not likely though.

---------- Post Merged at 09:04 PM ----------

Works a treat mate:woohoo:

No problem, let me know how you get on with VM please. I presume you'll also need to set up for nline for the cable part, apparently you can have both enabled at the same time.

I have hit a problem with the line with openatv is it var/keys cant seem to get it too work

---------- Post Merged at 09:58 PM ----------

figured it out it doesn't seem to automatically switch lines you have to go into tspanel/softcams then change cam etc. Im sure there must be a way forthis to automatically switch between cams anybody?

the only other guy I know who had a cable/sat tuner ended up using a c-line for sat and n-line for cable in order to avoid having to switch, not sure if you've paid for your sat n-line yet or are just on a trial? If trial perhaps try changing the sat line to a c-line provider? As for Genesis it's working fine here - have you done a software update yet? It's been a while now since this build was uploaded and TSMedia has moved on two versions. To update you'd normally press blue, software manager and software update....unfortunately the OpenATV feed server is down at the moment, fingers crossed it will be back online soon.

Last edited:
Is it not just a case of entering both n lines in the newcamd.list correctly? like server 1 server 2. Dont have so dont know tho......

CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
CWS_INCOMING_PORT = 21000
CWS = 192.168.1.1 20000 dummy dummy 10 02 13 04 15 06 17 08 01 10 11 12 13 14 lan server1
CWS_MULTIPLE = 192.168.1.2 20000:20005 dummy dummy 10 02 13 04 15 06 17 08 01 10 11 12 13 14 lan server2
CWS = ************************** 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 server 1
CWS = ///////////////////////////////////////// 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 server 2

where ************ is sky line and //////////////// is vm line

Last edited:
Will try that m8 could be the problem I have newcamd list files and a ccam file for the sly. Will update tsmedia see how I get on

---------- Post Merged at 12:33 PM ----------

I've not update the atv firmware 31/1 will try that hopefully genesis fine. I'm still having probls with the picons I have downloaded them

OpenATV servers now back online so OTA updates all ok again now :willy nilly:.

pl1976 did you get sorted on picons? Sorry been at work all day and no interweb there; if you've downloaded them to your usb and have picon manager looking in the right place it should just be a case of a reboot as the skin already has picons enabled.

Never got the picons to work have downloaded them but they haven't came on. You don't know how to get a iptv list do you? Have been sent one put it in etc/enigma2 and it's meant to be in favourites bouchet although can't see it only sly&vm

Hi all, I'm using the zgemma star h1 with the ZgemmaStar2S OpenATV 31.01.2015 MTPOCKETS image installed on it, have installed mgcamd-1.35a-oe1.6 onto it using tspanel and enabled and make sure ccamd was disabled, ftp'd into the box and to create a newcamd.list to put my lines 1 sky and 1 cable into it in this order.....

CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
CWS_INCOMING_PORT = 21000
CWS = skyserverip port username password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14server1 <---- SKY server
CWS = cableserverip port usernamer password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14server2 <---- CABLE server

The original mg_cfg that was installed with mgcamd-1.35a-oe1.6 did not work with my 2 lines, but I was given another mg_cfg file from a friend who was having the same problem as I am haivng now and once I ftp'd it to the box and stop and restarted mgcamd the sky line worked but the cable line is not. My friend has the box but is using a openvix image and like I said he was haaving the same problem but he was given that mg_cfg from someone on another forum and was installed into his box he has now both cable an sky lines working.

I do know that my cable line is working 100% as I have a Amiko mini HD combo box which has both lines on it and it works 100%. of course when I'm trying it on the zgemma the amiko is switched off as the cable line is not multibox. So would like to know does anyone have any idea as to why thezgemma box is working on sky but not on cable.

Can anybody help me to get the picons please. Have downloaded them in picon manager to the USB in the box but not sure next. Help would be appreciated

Sorry have been working long hours this week and not had chance to look into this. Can you check.....

(Menu) setup, system, extended system, osd settings, settings, and that show infobar picons = yes

Yep they are set to yes m8

---------- Post Merged at 10:51 PM ----------

Showing on sky now m8 just need to figure out the vm ones

VM picons aren't available in Picon manager as far as I can see - Perhaps worth a post/read in the cable section?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back