- AMD A6 3670K Quad Core 2.7GHz
- 8GB RAM + 1TB HDD
- DVD Writer
- AMD Radeon HD6530D
- No Operating System

More details:
Code:
http://www.ebuyer.com/389624-zoostorm-desktop-pc-7873-1067

Personal note: What do you guys think of this rig? If I look at the negative feedback I see alot of "PSU is quite loud", but given the price and the specs of this machine, it may just be worth it.

My previous PC just fried on me, so I'm thinking of purchasing this.

looks pretty good to me dan.if they think that is loud they should hear my machine.was thinking about hearing protection.lol

Before eBuyer stopped shipping to Ireland I bought many, many Zoostorm systems for general office & home use.

I never had any issues with any of them.

Yes, there fans are a tad loud but the criticism they receive in some forums is over the top in my opinion. Sure you might not want it running beside your bed at night while you legally down whatever it is you down lol but aside from that there's nothing wrong with them.

You'll also have the die hard self builders throwing their penny's worth in with comments like "I could build one better & cheaper than that" etc but there's not a lot wrong with a machine like that for that money provided you weren't using it for serious gaming.

Last edited:
Sounds good guys. :)

The motherboard fried on my old PC and I was give a quote of around £50 to have it replaced. I figured the computer is already 7 years old, I may as well just throw in £200 and go in for a major upgrade. I'll be at the local PC shop belonging to a friends to see if he can do something similar for £250, I highly doubt he will be able to beat the specs at this price, so I should be ordering this over the weekend. :grin:

By the way I can easily grab a copy of Windows 7 64Bit, but GMan what about drivers? Does a CD for drivers come along with this system at all?

Last edited:
The price has just dropped by £20, cannot believe it. My machine is already waiting for me at home, arrived this morning, will update this thread when I get it started. :) It's now £229.97. Dropped from £250.

Windows 7 64bit already fired up on the machine and everything "set" to the way I like it. :)

Some minor annoyances, the CD tray is quite sensitive, if I try plugging in a USB at the front, sometimes the CD tray will eject. The fan is not as noisy as some of the reviews have made them out to be. Comes with the motherboard CD and a nice little to over clock the CPU to 3.01Ghz.

The eject and front USB ports are a little stiff but other than that so far no troubles. Great little bargain. :)

You'll also have the die hard self builders throwing their penny's worth in with comments like "I could build one better & cheaper than that" etc but there's not a lot wrong with a machine like that for that money provided you weren't using it for serious gaming.

Contrary to what we would like, it is very hard to beat the price on pre-assembled units that can be bought from chain stores and such. They buy in such bulk it is almost impossible to compete on price alone. I have dealt with this fact on numerous occasions when people ask me about building something for them. They describe what they want and when I come back with a price, I get the "but I can get one from such and such for this much less". You can preach component quality and life all day, but in the end most "normal" people go with price. lol

Some minor annoyances, the CD tray is quite sensitive, if I try plugging in a USB at the front, sometimes the CD tray will eject.

If you do very much burning at all dan, you will have that cd burner replaced anyway. Find you a quality lite-on for good money and have better burn to boot.

Happy you got it though, and are pleased. (y)

The only time I ever need a CD is if I'm either re-installed Windows or using the Acronis CD when I'm doing a backup or restore, which isn't very too often.

Cheers guys, this definitely beats 1.5Ghz Celeron/80GB HDD and 1.2GB RAM. lol

Back