Motorised dish and multi lnb fixed dish setup

weimaraner95

TK Veteran
I guys I have checked the guide for multi lnb and to get the most use out of my receivers so I can record and watch different sats
I want to set up as follows but probably need more disqeC switches , and quad lnb
Can this be achieved.

I have a motor setup with a GT Media.
can you use a motorised (single tuner) receiver and disqec switches together.

Want to setup-
Receiver 1 GT media to use
Dish/Motor & zone 2 dish 13e 19.2e 28.2e

Receiver 2 - Xtrend 1 tuner
the zone 2 dish 13e 19.2 28.2

***TV sat tuner
Use the zone 2 dish 13e 19.2 28.2

***Change of plan , seeing as the TV is only going to be FTA stuff that can stay on the motor(octo) lnb , so scrap that option.

Rechecking the guide and to cut costs removed TV sat tuner and will only use 1 tuner in the xtrend to begin with, to at least get up and running ,

Last edited:
Yes, that is perfectly fine. All you need to do is

Motorised Dish
' |
' |
Motor + Zone 2 Lnbs
' | | | |
Diseqc Switches
' |
Receivers

If you are using your Octo LNB on your motorised dish, you can feed 3 of the ports of that into the disqec switches on your other boxes.

(My vertical lines should be a bit more spread out but they keep contracting as soon as I post lol)

I hope you appreciate that the diseqc switch works as a selector. If you have 4 LNBs connected to it, you can select which one to use. Your tuner can only use one transponder from that selected satellite. The other satellites connected to that switch cannot be used

As people are advocating a multiport LNB on a motorised dish, it must work even though not designed to. I hope you appreciate that you will be stabbing in the dark as to what position the satellite is facing. How will you be configuring the tuners connected to it?

Others have used specific switches that only allow one receiver to control the dish. Sorry, I cannot remember the name of the switch.

In my opinion, use the viark with the motor and diseqc switches. The other receivers should just use the satellites on the fixed dishes.

That post you linked to is exactly how the hardware should be configured. The diseqc switch must be after the motor otherwise they will blow.

Last edited:
I hope you appreciate that the diseqc switch works as a selector. If you have 4 LNBs connected to it, you can select which one to use. Your tuner can only use one transponder from that selected satellite. The other satellites connected to that switch cannot be used
Yeah I get that.

As people are advocating a multiport LNB on a motorised dish, it must work even though not designed to. I hope you appreciate that you will be stabbing in the dark as to what position the satellite is facing. How will you be configuring the tuners connected to it?
Yeah I'm not after that as you say sat could be anywhere on the motor
Changed title as it was a bit misleading

Others have used specific switches that only allow one receiver to control the dish. Sorry, I cannot remember the name of the switch.
Have used a SPS before

In my opinion, use the viark with the motor and diseqc switches. The other receivers should just use the satellites on the fixed dishes.
Ideally that's what I want GT to use the motor , but can it also use the fixed
Other receivers use the fixed dish only.
That post you linked to is exactly how the hardware should be configured. The diseqc switch must be after the motor otherwise they will blow.

Yes, that is perfectly fine. All you need to do is

Motorised Dish
' |
' |
Motor + Zone 2 Lnbs
' | | | |
Diseqc Switches
' |
Receivers

If you are using your Octo LNB on your motorised dish, you can feed 3 of the ports of that into the disqec switches on your other boxes.

(My vertical lines should be a bit more spread out but they keep contracting as soon as I post lol)
Am lost but I'll keep going

I am pretty certain someone posted on another forum that they use a motorised dish with fixed dishes on a viark. There should no reason why the GT can't. The non-e2 technomates do and so does E2. Unless someone specifically says it doesn't work, I think you should try it.

Am lost but I'll keep going
My motorised dish lnb is connected to the motor which feeds Port A on my diseqc swtich
my zone 2 dish lnbs feed Ports B and C on the diseqc switch

In my case it is Receiver -> Diseqc Switch -> Motor

You can blow the diseqc switch by doing it this way, but I've had no issues for the past 3 years with it lol. I'm not too fussed if it blows as they're only a few quid and easy to replace - as mine is not up high.
Plus, I would have to run more cable if I wanted to do it Receiver -> Motor -> Diseqc, which I'm too lazy to do.

I think you're referring to a Goobay priority switch

My motorised dish lnb is connected to the motor which feeds Port A on my diseqc swtich
my zone 2 dish lnbs feed Ports B and C on the diseqc switch

In my case it is Receiver -> Diseqc Switch -> Motor

You can blow the diseqc switch by doing it this way, but I've had no issues for the past 3 years with it lol. I'm not too fussed if it blows as they're only a few quid and easy to replace - as mine is not up high.
Plus, I would have to run more cable if I wanted to do it Receiver -> Motor -> Diseqc, which I'm too lazy to do.

So you didn't do it this way
1000002434.png
Just trying to get my head round the various connections

I think you're referring to a Goobay priority switch

Yes the octo is on my motor , extra ports going to TV and my other receiver but obviously only sats viable based on output from GT media .

Sorry for sounding thick here , what would this give me.

Not been able to find a zone 2 cheap anywhere, may get a triax 80 tds hopefully with same results. Only issue is I have to use my L shape mounting bracket , hopefully can get it level on our iffy brick wall.

Also the multi lnb holder generic or what ever , cheapest place to get it . Trying to keep this project cheap as I can get

Last edited:
With the l shaped bracket you will need the bracket perfect at 90° .As the bricks running down the wall will not be completely sitting level
You might have to build your braket out at the bottom with washers to getting it sitting perfect at 90° to the front This will mean the multisat bracket will be sitting perfect at the + or - vaule
To fit the l.n.bs to track the ark

With the l shaped bracket you will need the bracket perfect at 90° .As the bricks running down the wall will not be completely sitting level
You might have to build your braket out at the bottom with washers to getting it sitting perfect at 90° to the front This will mean the multisat bracket will be sitting perfect at the + or - vaule
To fit the l.n.bs to track the ark
Yeah , that's my dilemma, it put me off getting a zone 2 aand motorising it, apart from actually finding a cheap one local.
A zone 2 right in the corner of the wall would look a lot less conspicuous.

The lnb holder can't find a generic copy or the original. Well not for less than £30 quid.

This is not a motorised dish, it won't be moving and tracking the arc. The bracket does not have to be perfectly plumb, the adjustment of dish will allow for any imperfections.

The Technomate bracket should also fit, but please double check.

We know its not a Motorised system but it is
Extremely important that you have decent l brack
Sitting at 90° There is only so much tilt value with the multisat bracket If you cant tilt the bracket up far enough you will not recieve the
Maximum s.n.r on the transponders

Back