PayPal Friends and family or Goods and services. How can you tell?

lloydy304

I just sold something on Gumtree and I'm getting ready to ship it. I asked the buyer to pay me through PayPal Friends and Family. However, when I checked the transaction, it doesn't say what type of payment it was. If it helps there was no shipping address with the payment. I'm worried about being scammed. Any advice on how to figure this out would be really helpful.

I was thinking about refunding and asking for bank transfer?

I just sold something on Gumtree and I'm getting ready to ship it. I asked the buyer to pay me through PayPal Friends and Family. However, when I checked the transaction, it doesn't say what type of payment it was. If it helps there was no shipping address with the payment. I'm worried about being scammed. Any advice on how to figure this out would be really helpful.

I was thinking about refunding and asking for bank transfer?
If there was no shipping address it's normally friends and family. If the money is in your account move it then contact buyer for an address.

As said above , you don’t have to assume buyer is legit, transfer the cash to your bank account before sending the goods.

if they used goods and services , you would have been charged a fee.
And they could also get a refund via goods and services, 180 days to make a claim F&F the buyer is not covered so in this case I think the OP is ok. Unless it's a dodgy PayPal acct.

Back