VOD realistic expectations

Hi,

I watch on either Smarters Pro on MacOS or Tivimate on firestick.

I've had an iptv provider for a while and I'm pretty happy with the live tv / sports service. The VOD I find the following faults:
- has a tonne of shows that I would never watch and no easy way to sort them except some arbitrary rating or alphabetically and searching using the tv interface is awkward and frustrating
- rarely has subtitles available
- missing quite a lot of shows/films

In an ideal world I would love:
- IMDB or some other respectable rating attached to the movie/show so that I can browse effectively
- Subtitles
- Categorised into provider Netflix / Amazon / Mubi / BBC etc
- Categorised into things like Academy awards 2023

I wonder if it's possible to have these things? Does anyone have multiple IPTV subscriptions for different purposes (eg live sport and VOD) ?

Just looking to understand what I could be looking for and any further thoughts from those who are more experienced. Thanks.

I prefer to use a dedicated android VOD app with a Real-Debrid account.
I pay €32 a year for a RD account.
Then I payed $21 dollars for a 1 year sub VOD app called Syncler.
It’s my preferred app out of all the ones I’ve tried.

You could also try Stremio for free but you would still need a RD account or similar.
It is also available for Mac.

Also some providers offer Stremio with their services but I haven’t be with a supplier that offers it.

VOD on IPTV services will not be as good when compared to other methods dedicated for VOD.

1) RD + Stremio
2) Plex or Emby Shares
3) Your own NAS with Sonarr, Radarr with Plex/Jellyfin/Emby.

I'm in camp 3 since I want full control of which copy I'm watching and prefer to have it downloaded and not streaming since 30-80GB remuxes for 1080p and 4K remuxes can buffer at times.

VOD on IPTV services will not be as good when compared to other methods dedicated for VOD.

1) RD + Stremio
2) Plex or Emby Shares
3) Your own NAS with Sonarr, Radarr with Plex/Jellyfin/Emby.

I'm in camp 3 since I want full control of which copy I'm watching and prefer to have it downloaded and not streaming since 30-80GB remuxes for 1080p and 4K remuxes can buffer at times.
I never have buffer issues with remux files no matter what size they are.
I use Ethernet 250mb connection.
I use Syncler and Weyd with RD.
Syncler for remux files.

I never have buffer issues with remux files no matter what size they are.
I use Ethernet 250mb connection.
I use Syncler and Weyd with RD.
Syncler for remux files.
I watch some media at faster playback speeds (1.7x) which I don't know can be done with rd and syncler but that can cause some buffers. I have access to plex/jellyfin/emby shares that I use while traveling that have pretty much everything I would ever need to watch and add the latest stuff immediately after it's out on trackers. I haven't gotten into RD + Stremio/Syncler/Weyd but the barrier of entry is the least for it and it's a very good self sufficient option so I can understand the widespread appeal.

I watch some media at faster playback speeds (1.7x) which I don't know can be done with rd and syncler but that can cause some buffers. I have access to plex/jellyfin/emby shares that I use while traveling that have pretty much everything I would ever need to watch and add the latest stuff immediately after it's out on trackers. I haven't gotten into RD + Stremio/Syncler/Weyd but the barrier of entry is the least for it and it's a very good self sufficient option so I can understand the widespread appeal.
I watch everything at standard speed and not really tried watching content sped up.
If I used the right player with speed up options I could but watching movies and TV shows sped up is not for me.

Aristolte is correct probably best something like streamio for VOD

And suppliers you will get pretty much anything you need. Plex is good. But need a good device really and you are still reliant on supplier updating it.

Streamio etc is always upto date

I prefer to use a dedicated android VOD app with a Real-Debrid account.
I pay €32 a year for a RD account.
Then I payed $21 dollars for a 1 year sub VOD app called Syncler.
It’s my preferred app out of all the ones I’ve tried.

You could also try Stremio for free but you would still need a RD account or similar.
It is also available for Mac.

Also some providers offer Stremio with their services but I haven’t be with a supplier that offers it.
Syncler sounds interesting. I use Stremio with RD but always enjoy trying to new apps. Any reason you prefer it over Stremio?

Syncler sounds interesting. I use Stremio with RD but always enjoy trying to new apps. Any reason you prefer it over Stremio?
Better scrapers, more sources to choose from and better Trakt integration.
I also prefer the UI but not all do and it will finder older content that sometimes is not available on Stremio.
It’s non free like Stremio though.
Here’s a thread on it
Syncler

Last edited:
Back