Vodafone broadband ireland Issues

Changing the router is a good shout, as heard a few people have had issue with Vodafone routers...
I understand not everyone is into technology and most people will stick with the basic router from their ISP. As I mentioned in another post, the home routers are normally fine, but generally 3rd party hardware is better quality and give more options. There does seem to be a trend of people on Vodafone experiencing issues . For me it's Vodafone network, the hardware they give users or both.

I have Virgin Media and put my router into modem only mode. Virgin can see everything on your network in the default setup. Modem only mode makes everything in your home network invisible to them. I run pfSense as my Firewall/router and use Ubiquiti switches and access points. Big fan of Ubiquiti hardware.

I understand not everyone is into technology and most people will stick with the basic router from their ISP. As I mentioned in another post, the home routers are normally fine, but generally 3rd party hardware is better quality and give more options. There does seem to be a trend of people on Vodafone experiencing issues . For me it's Vodafone network, the hardware they give users or both.

I have Virgin Media and put my router into modem only mode. Virgin can see everything on your network in the default setup. Modem only mode makes everything in your home network invisible to them. I run pfSense as my Firewall/router and use Ubiquiti switches and access points. Big fan of Ubiquiti hardware.
Same. Love Ubiquiti. I use their router, switches and access points, and have done so for a few years now. The remote access to the network is a bonus and flexibility with firewalls, etc is great with kids in the house.

Mine used to change the date/time on their phones to overcome iOS screen time limits; and even Qustodio wasn’t working that well (and their VPN was a PITA at times), so using firewall rules to block specific phones/ipads/xboxes at certain times has been the only bullet proof solution I’ve found to put some manners on screen time!!!

Oh, and it’s the only system I’ve found gives consistent speeds as expected 👌🏼

I'm in the process of changing the rubbish black router supplied with Vodafone at my parents, with a TP link one that I use.

Main issues are issues with Microsoft teams, and Amazon 4K firesticks (2 of them), the latter even though joined the network, if I reboot by turning the wall plug on and off, it simply will not connect to the network, I have noticed if I leave it 15-20 minutes it eventually will, but doing the usual forget network, re enter password it just comes up with a cannot join error message. They are currently using my Nvidia Shield without issue

I can't explain why either of the above issues are happening, Vodafone after a constant back and forth keep telling me to go to Amazon/Microsoft as it isn't their issue.

No issues with IPTV though, just trying to actually connect to the Wifi.

Another friend who has recently joined Vodafone is also having issues with Microsoft teams, all very strange.

Back