When Will Sky Cease Satellite Broadcasts

STINGER

Also is worth mentioning that not only does Sky SD Cease to exist mostly by Aug this year
Sky TV UK inc. HD/UHD will Cease to exist on Satellite expected 2029 .
Sky UK/IRE already started long ago switching customers to Streaming some time ago so you have a max 5 years
if indeed SP1 Server Codes/Mars Server Codes will last that long for UK HD .

Also is worth mentioning that not only does Sky SD Cease to exist mostly by Aug this year
Sky TV UK inc. HD/UHD will Cease to exist on Satellite expected 2029 .
Sky UK/IRE already started long ago switching customers to Streaming some time ago so you have a max 5 years
if indeed SP1 Server Codes/Mars Server Codes will last that long for UK HD .
I can Guarantee that Sky will still have satellite Subscribers Beyond 2029. Not everyone can get good broadband and it will be probably a good 20 years away until most can. Plus when you look at Sat and Internet , Internet has too much delay for live TV and many people don't like this . Me personally even if i could get that Sky Stream thing i wouldn't' . Sat Picture way more superior with less delay. Plus what happens when the internet goes out as im sure many have experience this . At least with Sat you wont have this issue. SAT RULES

I can Guarantee that Sky will still have satellite Subscribers Beyond 2029. Not everyone can get good broadband and it will be probably a good 20 years away until most can. Plus when you look at Sat and Internet , Internet has too much delay for live TV and many people don't like this . Me personally even if i could get that Sky Stream thing i wouldn't' . Sat Picture way more superior with less delay. Plus what happens when the internet goes out as im sure many have experience this . At least with Sat you wont have this issue. SAT RULES
I suppose there has to be enough demand and it has to be cost effective for them to keep offering it and nobody will know that until they renew their contract with SES in 2028 or use another satellite provider and announce it.

Nice thought, but currently there doesn't seem to be any plans for any new satellites for 28.2E and the current ones will be EOL by 2029.

They are investing in streaming, that is where they have decided the future is and as they are already an ISP it nice, easy and VERY cheap for them to make that switch.

Back