2 Boxes

Sleep what's that lol it's Monday first day of the week so I'm up early and got time to kill

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone, the Virgin channels scanned ok and they are there but they don't play when I select them, I don't have a line yet, I've arranged to get one tomorrow but the FTA channels aren't playing, any ideas what I have done wrong ?

Thanks again for all your help with this

Irene

Thanks, I've lost control of the tv for tonight so I'll have a go at it tomorrow.

or oh no you wont as other half has remote lol

Hi, the VM channels have all scanned and the channels that should play without a line are playing ok but there are no VM programmes in the epg, should they be there before I put in the line ?
Thanks
Irene

That's fine. The best thing to do is is sit on a VM preview channel, go make a cuppa, then you should have a populated EPG. I then set a zap timer to do this every night at 3am. It does the same thing as the EPG refresh plugin. The Rytec etc sources never do a good job I find for cable. Especially on VIX.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Thank you for the reply, I'm a bit thick and I'm not sure what you mean, sorry, do I do this after I get the line or before

Cheers

Irene

Put on any vIrgin media preview channel, read again while making a cuppa then go check your epg. Populated? Only takes about 3/4 mins. :-)

Search 'EPG refresh' on here if want to use the plugin. Dsayers uses it if see his posts.

Thanks, I'll give that a try.
Thanks again
Irene

---------- Post Merged at 06:07 PM ----------

That worked, thanks a lot.

Cheers

Irene

Yes he needs a vm line he's setup for vm. The tuner can be used for cable or freeview via aerial

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
ah ok, as when i asked previously in the thread "is that just a DVB-C USB tuner or would it allow DVB-T channels to be added to?
more specifically Channel 4+1 HD and 4Seven HD which are available on Freeview HD."

the answer was yes, then the rest of the thread has been about virgin IDs etc.

ah ok, as when i asked previously in the thread "is that just a DVB-C USB tuner or would it allow DVB-T channels to be added to?
more specifically Channel 4+1 HD and 4Seven HD which are available on Freeview HD."

the answer was yes, then the rest of the thread has been about virgin IDs etc.

Yes it can be used for either DVB-C or DVB-T just like the tuner on the Zgemma H2.H

Hi, sorry to be a pest yet again, when I put on the tv this morning the VM Epg was only partly populated, I don't update ABM I only update CrossEpg, reason for this is I have my bouquets all in the order I want and if I update ABM it moves them about again, Sky channels have always worked well this way, also when I check CrossEpg providers order it's only Sky that is in there.

Does anyone have an idea how I can just update CrossEpg and not ABM and still have the VM channels.

Hope this makes sense and sorry for the long post.

Thanks

Irene

Cross and ABM are 2 separate things, separate issues you have. If you never enabled VM bouquets how are you accessing your VM channels? Last scanned bouquet? That'll never be full of EPG. Did you setup EPGrefresh or a nightly zap timer for the VM EPG? It's all on here how to. Sorry I don't use custom bouquets or channel numbers or favs so keep it simple lol

Back