2 setups v8 one has channels scrambled

i have 2 openbox v8s
they have been working fine but nothing has changed and one now has 3 movie channels missing

i have updated both boxes again and still the same
tried 2 lines still the same

just dont know why this has suddenly happened

I had a similar issue with my openbox last year, 3 movie channels went astray & after using a couple of different channel lists they never did come back. Buy a decent box m8, those open box are temperamental at times

thats crazy isnt it !!! you would have thought someone would have found a solution.

we dont really watch enough tv to justify an upgrade to the box. i have looked at the zgemma boxes but they seem quite a hike in price just to watch the tv now and again

Not really, average cost of openbox is bout £35-£40 Zgemma hs are bout £65. I know what I'd spend my money on. They update themselves twice daily, no more faffing about with adding channel lists or updating the epg every week. Also depending on what build you use you have all the extra IPTV installed.

thats crazy isnt it !!! you would have thought someone would have found a solution.

we dont really watch enough tv to justify an upgrade to the box. i have looked at the zgemma boxes but they seem quite a hike in price just to watch the tv now and again

Last edited:
i didnt mean the boxes are crazy prices , i meant that the box has hundreds of channels and it chooses to loose 3 movie ones in a row and no one has found a reason why or a fix for it.

in a nutshell what the differences between the zgemma boxes

like I previously said, no more manual updates, zgemma do it for you every day at a chosen time set by the user. A vet on here told me onece if you ever got a zgemma you will never go back to openbox & he was right

i didnt mean the boxes are crazy prices , i meant that the box has hundreds of channels and it chooses to loose 3 movie ones in a row and no one has found a reason why or a fix for it.

in a nutshell what the differences between the zgemma boxes

sorry i miss wrote the question , i meant in brief whats the difference between the boxes that zgemma offer

the star h2, 2s and h.2h etc

I think some of those you mention are cable tuners. I have a HS which is probs the best of the zgemma sat boxes at the moment the CPU is 2000 & seems to reduced the freezing issues on some servers to a mere glitch. It streams content alot better on IPTV also with virtually less buffering if any. On the other hand I have a zgemma star S in the other room & that still is a good box but I've had to run 2 lines through the box to cut down on the freezing issues with some servers. I think the H2H zgemma is a combo box but could be wrong

thanks i will have a look .
the kids have informed me its the 3 movie channels they watch !!!

it will bug me still if i cannot find a fix even if i do get a new box lol

If you let us know what 3 channels are missing maybe someone can give you the frequencies to add to the TP list to see if they come back

the ones with issues are dis/family/action.
they are there but just say scrambled
tried 2 lines still the same
ethernet or wifi still same
reset box to factory
tried downloading channel list to usb still same
updating via box still same
refreshed firmware
1 box is fine everything the same one box will not play channels above
did a manual channel search
still the same

i have the same problem some of the premium channels are scrambled . the box i have down stairs is working perfect . both using same newcamd . i dont mind losing most of the channels ive lost but really hoping to get fox back on it

switched my router off for a while as others have suggested and that didnt correct either

decided to swap boxes over to make sure it wasnt the set up in one of the rooms as opposed to the other

the fault moved with the box !!!

what on earth can be locking only a couple of channels out of a box

has anyone contacted openbox , or do they not really support this sort of thing

i would just like to say a big thanks to leader too
what he has suggested worked for me in bringing my channels back

heres what i did , hopefully if you follow the same could work for you

i read above that changing from mgcamd to nline on ccam could work
i deleted my mgcam and entered as newcamd on ccam
i was on the station that was scrambled at the time and when this booted up the channel seemed fine now on nline
i checked the channel up (this was also scrambled) and that seemed fine
i entered details again for mgcam and switched back and the two channels i had tried were both there
great i though but however when i tried another that was missing this unfortunately wasnt there
i repeated the process and this time checked all the channels as nline before reverting back

hay presto i now have all my missing channels back
would be great if others could try this to see if this is a solution for others or if it is a freak and just worked for me

thanks once again to leader for this info

Back