2s Flashing

New to the board so don’t jump on me for asking this.

I’ve looked briefly in this section but I can’t find anything.

I’ve downloaded a flash to a USB stick and I’ve inserted it in the USB slot at the back of the box. The question I’m asking is, does the box need to be connected to the TV with all the leads including the satellite leads to flash the box because when I turn the box on with no leads connected and just the USB stick in the back it shows boot and then runs the channel numbers, so I’m guessing at present it has some version of software on it already? At no point does it change to FLSH. Would it need to be connected to the dish and TV to activate the flash from the USB stick . Sorry if it sounds like a Newbie question but I’ve only just got the box, after using kodi boxes for ages.

As long as the box has power you can flash it, that's all it needs
Just easier to see when it's done when a tv is connected

As for the flashing
The stick needs to be fat32 and the Zgemma folder should be in the root

As for the USB message, I'm not to sure on the 2s if you press the power button a couple times until it says FLSH then it has started, the h2s works like like
Or you can go in to the memory stick and change the name of one of the files, from nonforce to force. I think that's how it works, never do it that way, I just press the power button

If one of the files says no force change it to force and once done put usb in back of 2s press white button and after about a minuite it should automatically flash mate but as @siilver has said better connected to tv so you can set it up propperly

Thanks guys, I re tried it and it flashed without a TV.
The stick hadn’t formatted correctly it seems.
Now to attach a TV so I can get it set up!!

Cheers guys!!

Back