3PM kick offs for Sky Ireland

So I've just seen that Sky Ireland have won the rights to a good chunk of 3pm kick offs. What does this mean for us folks in the UK? Will we be able to pick these games up?

Sky Sports to air Premier League Saturday 3pm kick-offs for the first time

Sky Sports wins live Premier League rights for Ireland | Football News | Sky Sports

Yeah, Setanta / eir Sport lost the contract last year.
Clearly the signal will be being broadcast from the Astra satellites that our boxes pick up, so Id imagine once someone adds it to the whitelist, a rescan will pick it up, although Im not sure how Woosh's build will do it, as it has a plugin that scans for new channels - the problem being, its not going to be a new channel - its going to be the Sky Sports 5 that your box locks onto if you have an irish subscription.
Over to you Woosh !

Last edited:
So I've just seen that Sky Ireland have won the rights to a good chunk of 3pm kick offs. What does this mean for us folks in the UK? Will we be able to pick these games up?

Sky Sports to air Premier League Saturday 3pm kick-offs for the first time

Sky Sports wins live Premier League rights for Ireland | Football News | Sky Sports

Will it be a simple as saying yes to scanning Irish. Only ticking the sports bouquet and you will have an Irish spots bouquet further down your ABM?

If i remember rightly, i think i read the new channel will be live around August 8/9th. They are also bringing out a new channel called sky sports mix. Whether that is the channel to be used for the 3pm kickoffs i dont know. So i wouldn't worry about it. As soon as something is concrete there will be info on here on how to set it up. Whether that just be a channel scan, or a case of having a roi bouquet we will all know very shortly.

So from that other thread they all seem to be under the impression roi ssp5 is the channel for 3pms. If that's the case, you won't have to do anything. If using abm they will probably just add it to the main sports bouquet like they did with setanta and premier. For ab e2. It will just be a case of a custom edit. Come back in a week. It should all be sorted then

---------- Post Merged at 06:07 PM ----------

This weblink says they are on sky sports 5 (roi) so that seems confirmed :)

---------- Post Merged at 06:07 PM ----------

http://liveonsat.com/los_soc_br_premier_ONLY.php

Also bear in mind that it's extremely unlikely that the SS5 IE will open on a UK card, you will need access to a ROI card or a properly configured CS that is sharing the ROI card.

It's quite easy to modify the Sky UK provider file for ABM to put the channel in the Sports bouquet but it does need renaming or it will be overwritten on every update, so probably not for the novice. You can enable Not Indexed channels and find it in there.

Yes i know but as you say it isn't easy for a novice plus using inserts means that it wont be over written and you can stay up to date using the config updater. Using a separate providers file means youll need to manually edit it every time theres new hd channels been released

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I still can't see how this going to work
in not a sport guy doesn't really effect me
but how can Ireland win the rights over the uk for the uks football

or am I missing some thing

I think we cant have the 3pm games on Saturday in England it's some strange law but the rule doesn't apply to Ireland somebody else who knows will be able to explain better.

Last edited:
Have they not run the rights in Ireland?
over eir sport

like if BT sport won all of it in the uk

---------- Post Merged at 04:16 PM ----------

Or is it only the matches thy kick off at 3pm but we have the rest

I think we cant have the 3pm games on Saturday in England it's some strange law but the rule doesn't apply to Ireland somebody else who knows will be able to explain better.

A test case was raised in the 60's where a chairman argued showing a 3pm game on tv would reduce his revenue thru the gates, so showing live games in the UK at 3pm was banned.
The Republic Of Ireland, just like, say, Germany, Switzerland etc, isnt part of the UK, so they can show what they want there at 3pm!

I have an Openbox V8s box and I updated the channel list today via "upgrade by network"on the box.

i can see Skysports Ireland now - is this the same as Skydport ROI as mentioned in this thread?

I'm confused. Do I need to do anything to the V8? How do I scan for ROI satellite?

Back