50p Coins.

Jethro

TK Veteran
Why is it some of these coins are being advertised or sold on EBAY for silly money, when I have got a few but can't sell them, like TOM KITTEN 2017 , 1066 BATTLE OF HASTINGS, to name just 2 off them.

some coins may have had a flaw when minted & may have gone into circulation before it was noticed,after a retrieval of coins ,any left in circulation grow in value for collectors, a dateless 20p coin from 2008, being one, up to £100 in mint condition. The E-bay 50p might be from 2012 Olympics, commemorating swimmers, the original coin depicted a wave covering the swimmers face,these were changed to then show swimmers face completely, the 600 original ones have a price of up to £3000

I have a Jemima Puddle Duck 50p and people have told me it's worth thousands. eBay is flooded with them though, buy it now offers for £1 etc.

Anyone who wants to offer me £1k plus can have it.

Why is it some of these coins are being advertised or sold on EBAY for silly money, when I have got a few but can't sell them, like TOM KITTEN 2017 , 1066 BATTLE OF HASTINGS, to name just 2 off them.
I've got 2 Peter rabbit coins and battle of hastings coin there on flee Bay lol

commemorative 50p coin will be issued to mark the UK's departure from the European Union (EU) next year.

Chancellor Philip Hammond is expected announce it in Monday's Budget speech.

According to The Sun, the coin will feature the Queen's head and the date 29 March 2019 and on the reverse the phrase "Friendship with all nations".

A 50p coin was struck when the UK joined the European Economic Community in 1973 and and when the UK held the presidency of the EU in 1998
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46016359

Back