eileen

TK Supporter
hello peeps, wondered if anyone can help me out here, my neighbour was visiting on friday, and mentioned he keeps getting texts from 700035901, and when he tries sending stop to said number , nowt happens, he has a vermin pay monthly mobile phone, £16.00, but the last few months his bill has been double that, because of texts from said number, at £1.50 a pop,
no message comes in, just the number, 3 or 4 times a week, which soon adds up, he has tried sending the obligatory "STOP" to said number, but message fails to go, hes been onto vermin, and they were of no help at all, saying they cant block anything, he has no idea how this number started contacting him, as he dos'nt remember downloading ought on phone, i.e ringtones or anything,
so i wondered if anyone on here had any bother with this number, and if so how to stop it ripping him off, i suggested him taking all is apps ect off phone, and taking it back to factory default, no joy,
anyone else got any suggestions, would be grateful for any ideas, thanks in advance

I bought a ringtone for a phone way back, but ended up
getting weekly texts charging me.

It was as if I signed up for a service to download the latest ones at a monthly / weekly charge.

I had to ring up my phone network (can't remember who it was now)

They gave me more info on who was sending the text and I had to unsubscribe
on their website.

Network would not put a block on it as they said I had signed up for a service and it was up to
me to cancel it.

So I would get back on to virgin, they should be able to give your friend
more info on who's sending the text and you will have to track it down from there and cancel it.

Very frustrating, I thought I had just bought a one off ringtone.

I ignored it for a bit until I realised I was getting billed for them.

Back