A Charity Night in aid of A Night for Jennifer

Linny40

TK LADY VETERAN
OK peeps if any of you are in or near London please try and help support this night. My tickets are booked :)
A Night for Jennifer - WEST END' - in aid of Jennifer Charity
Date & Time
31 October · 19:30 - 22:30
Shaftesbury Avenue
London, United Kingdom
Created by:
Chris Macklin, James Edgington
More info
'A Night for Jennifer - WEST END' is a West End Gala Concert in aid of 'Jennifer Charity' (www.jennifercharity.co.uk)

Graham and James Edgington are the founders of Jennifer and their story was the catalyst to the set up of this unique charity. Following the death of Jennifer in 1985 Graham was left as a single parent of a 16 month old baby. Not only did he have the pressure of bringing up James alone, he had to find his own time... to grieve and work a full time job. Twenty-five years later James has extensively researched widowed fathers and was alarmed at the lack of supportive organisations aimed at widowers in particluar. There are exceptional bereavement charities and organisations helping single parents often single mothers but nothing for men.

James decided that he wanted to set up this charity as a support mechanism for widowed fathers and of course importantly the children affected by these circumstances. Graham and James appeared in Britain’s Got Talent 2010 and reached the live shows as singing duo Father and Son which in itself was a great achievement for them and a great tribute to Jennifer.

James would like to say: ” I feel now is the right time to raise awareness of Jennifer for those in need of support. Our aim is not to overwhelm but to simply provide what is needed at a certain moment. I want this to be a tribute to my mum hence the name Jennifer. I hope that we can help people who sadly need this kind of support. The main message is to stay positive and respond to life day by day”

The evening will be a night of Musical Theatre, Pop and Rock performances, performed by West End performers and Special Guests - to be announced soon.

Directed by Dawn Kalani Cowle

Produced by Chris Macklin

A Night for Jennifer - WEST END is running a wefund.com scheme to raise money to aid the project.

Tickets £13-£21 (inc. £1 Restoration Levy)
VIP Tickets £45 (inc. £10 Direct Donation)

ON SALE NOW VIA Nimax Theatres | Home - Official Site for the Lyric, Garrick, Apollo, Duchess & Vaudeville theatres
for those of you that have fb hers a link
Code:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=114597041973528
chris is a good friend of mine and this will be his debut West End show he also was the Music Director on Our summer Youth Project High School Musical at the theatre where i work

Back