A little help needed (setup)

first did you open your rar files on pc and extract to usb as you only want the folder,probably says says vuplus??
yes box has to be powered off at rear when inserting or removing usb.

get the flashing tuts i added above for pc.

forgot to add vu boxes are usb fussy and if it does not work try another usb hence why i added a few working names.

Last edited:
im not getting any prompts or anything with the usb stick in and the files I downloaded on it my box simply boots up as normal on the vix 037

just added to last post usb fussy feckers they are as they only like a good usb formatted on pc first then file extracted to usb and inserted into fron flap while box off at rear.
many of us had this problem when first got the box.

im following the tut but the result is the same il try the usb stick ive used in the past with the f5s which is a sandisk

---------- Post Merged at 10:34 AM ----------

same end result box just boots up as normal ive tried 3 usb sticks 1 Toshiba 1 sandisk and 1 unbranded

you did format all 3 on pc first?...seems i forgot this as not flashed my solo2 for a while lol.

1) Prepare a USB stick, format FAT32. I'd recommend using this HP Format tool.
2) Download the image you would like to use, extract the vuplus folder.
3) Copy the vuplus folder to root of your USB stick.
4) Connect to VU+ Solo2.
5) Power on, when prompted on front display to press power button, touch the BLUE cirlces to the left of the front panel. This is the touch sensitive power button.
6) Wait for the flashing process to complete and automatically reboot. DO NOT POWER OFF DURING THE FLASHING PROCESS!

Once you copy the vuplus folder to USB stick as in step 3, you should see the vuplus folder when accessing the root of the USB stick. Folder structure should be vuplus > solo2 > flash files.

Last edited:
yes there all fat32

---------- Post Merged at 11:12 AM ----------

ive treied everything I can I appreciate all the help guys but no matter what instruction im given nothing works it might be just for the best to go back to the trusty f5s

f5 can see the bin when solo2 works,join the wos forum many many many posts over there,maybe i missed something but i still say usb,could you get a cruzer/integral 8gb usb and i use a kingston 8gb micro for setting up epg for epg.

Attachments

• laptop and micro usb.jpg
    laptop and micro usb.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 61
its not just this part that isn't working I can not connect with it using filezilla or dcc no matter what I do nothing works im in completely over my head and im completely lost I really appreciate the help but its a complete waste of time ive followed step by step guides but this box just doesn't want to play ball

---------- Post Merged at 11:28 AM ----------

In FileZilla I just get critical error

On dcc as soon as I load it up I gef Error 10057 in function send socket is not connected

you need to get image sorted first as filezilla is used later,nearly everyone had problems with first time setups if you read their posts,dont give up on this fabulous box its one of the best .

Oh and how do you know if it's a n or c line? I have no idea I was just given a host/port/user/password thing to test it out

Go back to the server and get them to supply the line properly.

C: great_server.com 12000 newcustomer123 123456

Host great_server.com
Port 12000
User newcustomer123
Pass 123456

Just look for the spaces.

N: great_server.com 12000 newcustomer123 123456 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

This is the same version as above, it has a deskey on the end, 01 02 03 .......14

C lines get pasted into a cccam.cfg file then ftp to etc folder on your box

N lines need the front end changing and go into a newcamd.list file.

So paste it into a newcamd.list file and edit it to read

CWS = great_server.com 12000 newcustomer123 123456 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

then ftp to var/keys folder on your box.

But first you need to get the box to talk to filzilla on your computer.

Make sure you have the "client" version

Start it up enter the ip address off your box.
type root in user name (make sure it's lower case)
type 21 in port

Then try to get it to connect.

You just need to follow wheelos tutorial from "setting up a softcam"

If it still doesn't see the box you will have to go into the boxes menus

Menu - Setup - System - Network - Device Setup - Network Wizard.

Run the wizard, there is also a test option there.

Finally, cactikid is correct, if you keep the image pretty much up to date you can
use the addons menu and pretty much do it with a simple download over the net.

But if I where you I would just try to get it up and running for now then upgrade the image later.

That way you can just follow the last part of the tutorial instead of starting right at the beginning.

There seems a lot to learn with your first box.

Last edited:
As I was reading it, the box was booting with an old image.

He had a channel list on the box with EPG,but only FTA channels where working.

Don't know at this stage if he has Cams already installed

But box doesn't seem to be seeing the network.

All that he needs to do is get the box to see the network.
Use filezilla to ftp a line to the box.
Possibly install a cam or just enable it if it has already been installed.

Or have I missed something ?

I'm running apollo 37 on my box lol, i don't fix it if it isn't broke lol

Last edited:
I finally got further forward using DCC filezilla just not playing ball

the person who sorted me the line sent a cccam file which I added to the box using dcc and I now have channels working still got vix 037 on and having some issues

mainly being I cant seem to get plugins downloaded I get a few plugins on the plugin screen but when I hit the green button to download plugins I just get a blank page

additionally ive downloaded the sky skin on here I have the file but im not sure where to send the file to using dcc

regarding updating the vix I would still like to do that if possible but 3 usbs from me and 2 from a mate have made no difference as soon as the box boots up it just comes on as normal with 037

cactikid just answered that, plugins won't work on old images.

You will need to upgrade the image, download the latest image from world of sat.
read the tutorial on how to flash your box or follow the instructions in post 24 of this thread.

You will need to get it to see your usb stick.

Try plugging it in

Menu - Set up - VIX - mount manager and see if you can get it to see one of the sticks

then follow the tutorial.

Last edited:
Back