A New Cable box?

porkys27

Hi everyone,
please could some one point me in the right direction?? I want to replace my phantom hd box to another cable box. I don't have dish, only cable, I am lost with all the different boxes out there?

I have asked about some, but told not suitable for cable. so could someone recommend a good cable box please!

How much do you want to spend? Do you need twin tuner? Do you need an internal or external HDD? So may questions as for a good cable box look at the Vu+ DUO2

Twin tuner will allow you to record one channel while watching another, most will recommend the zgemma H1 but if your going for a zgemma then I would go with the H2.

I just used it as an example of a good box, here are many much cheaper but still don't know your budget and what you want to do with it as the venton unibox eco+ is alright for half the price of the duo2, I have the xtrand et10000, like it but wish I had bought the duo2 instead lol
Zgemma range is cheap if you want to do it on the cheap?

just want one that I can watch films and sport on. nothing too fancy really! one that is easy to get going too :) which zgemma ? there's a few on amozon.

I would recommend the H2 as had too much trouble with VM signals on the H1 and I find the H2 more stable, just disable the sat tuner, you will need a coax to RF adapter, USB stick and cable sub too.

---------- Post Merged at 11:34 AM ----------

In fact I find it hard to "recommend" zgemma, if you want just a single tuner cable box then I would rather buy the miraclebox mini+ hybrid, not much in it cost wise for an officially supported box

thanks for your help gmangt4! will go for that. I have all that in place now on my phantom and cable sub, but do you need to sub to any one else?

I have never used a phantom, if you already have a sub you can transfer it sounds like your sorted.

Have a read here

Phantom is similar to KV in the server sub is priced in with the box.

It's closed source, so it is tied to their server

Back